Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This would be perfect for the BGE

Options
Hope the video works. 

https://tasty.co/recipe/show-stopping-beef-wellington

If it doesn't try the tasty site, worth it. 

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Been trying to figure out what to make for our annual Christmas party. Went back and looked and haven't made Beef Wellington yet, or even beef tenderloin. Last year was prime rib, the prior two years were SRF brisket, year before that pulled beef and pork loin.

I think this is going to be on the menu, thanks for posting.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    DMW said:
    Been trying to figure out what to make for our annual Christmas party. Went back and looked and haven't made Beef Wellington yet, or even beef tenderloin. Last year was prime rib, the prior two years were SRF brisket, year before that pulled beef and pork loin.

You can't go wrong with tenderloin Dewayne, I have done a few and they always turn out great. 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • DMW
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    DMW said:

You can't go wrong with tenderloin Dewayne, I have done a few and they always turn out great. 
    Oh, I have made plenty, just not for our Christmas party. Went back and looked, the year before the pulled beef and pork loin, it was standing rib roast draped with bacon in the oven (pre-BGE days...)
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JRWhitee
    Options
    DMW said:
    JRWhitee said:
    DMW said:

Oh, I have made plenty, just not for our Christmas party. Went back and looked, the year before the pulled beef and pork loin, it was standing rib roast draped with bacon in the oven (pre-BGE days...)
    YukonRon made some at BB17 and put slices on Hawaiian rolls with horsey sauce, they were meat candy.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • DMW
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    DMW said:
    JRWhitee said:
    DMW said:

YukonRon made some at BB17 and put slices on Hawaiian rolls with horsey sauce, they were meat candy.
    That sounds really good. Now I'm mad I wasn't there, again. Thanks for dredging up bad memories of missing life changing events....
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• JRWhitee
    Options
    DMW said:
    JRWhitee said:
    DMW said:
    JRWhitee said:
    DMW said:

That sounds really good. Now I'm mad I wasn't there, again. Thanks for dredging up bad memories of missing life changing events....
    See you in 18?

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • DMW
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    DMW said:
    JRWhitee said:
    DMW said:
    JRWhitee said:
    DMW said:

See you in 18?
    I certainly hope so.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Options
    Love beef Wellington.  Toughest part for me is knowing when you stop cooking the shallots and garlic mixture.  I know to stop when it's "dry" but there's a fine line between dry and burned.    Anyone have tips on that piece? 

I plan to cool one in a couple weeks. 
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    GoooDawgs said:
    Love beef Wellington.  Toughest part for me is knowing when you stop cooking the shallots and garlic mixture.  I know to stop when it's "dry" but there's a fine line between dry and burned.    Anyone have tips on that piece? 

You shouldn't cook the duxelles until literally dry, even though it's worded that way often.

https://afoodcentriclife.com/mushrooms-duxelles/

Options
    Amazing, that's all I can add!!
    Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    GoooDawgs said:

Slow the roll (lower temp = bigger margin of error). 
  • GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 566
    Options
    WOW    Looks  like a real winner     MUST TRY
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Looks like a great recipe. Snappy music too.
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • Carhoch
    Options
    That look so good
    Suffolk,VA .XLBGE ,Blackstone griddle.
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Yea it was.  I was the sucker who sliced it all.
    He invited me and my wife into the camper to see the inside since we were never In one before.  As we were walking out, the tenderloin came in.  He handed me a knife and said "You know how to slice really thin?.... Doesn't matter, Just try..." then he proceeded to eat the first five-6 slices before he let me have one.  I think we got like 3 or 4  dozen small Sammys out of that thing. 

He did fill my glass 2x while I sliced... heck of a guy, and makes a mean tenderloin!! 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Jai-Bo
    Jai-Bo Posts: 584
    Options
    Looks like a winner....!
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    I really like Beef Wellington, and have made it on the Egg, which turned out great. Last year I smoked a USDA prime prime rib for Christmas and a USDA prime Beef Wellington for New Years, which is also our anniversary. Pretty good eats, relatively easy, but not so cheap! I'm not sure what I can dot this year to top that.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.