Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SRF BOGO black friday

Options
1235»

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    SRF_Sean said:
    Oh, and a clarification from last night's post: Those brisket deals won't hit until Monday. Sorry about the mistake on my part. But I do have some more helpful info. There will be a % off the entire site sale on Friday. If you're just looking for briskets and additional items, use that limited sale. If you just want briskets and miss the Friday sale, then most, but not all, American Wagyu briskets will be 15% off through the end of the year.
    This did get ridiculous and my hyperbole was understood by few.  Everyone missed the address to SRFshane.  Please continue your presence here.
    Have you considered a career in politics?

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• SRF_Sean
    Options

This starts this morning. Use this link to see everything that is on sale in one place (but you can shop briskets normally and still see sale prices): http://www.snakeriverfarms.com/brisket-flash-sale.html

Most of these prices will be better than the sale prices going forward starting Monday, which will be at 10%.
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    edited November 2017
    Options
    BOGOTIME not valid on Pork Belly so I'm out.   Saw it applies to Spare Ribs so I'm back in...just when I thought I was out. 
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    Options
     Companies can set pricing wherever they want. We are free to choose. What I do not like is the recent advertised sales with wording such as "up to" a certain percentage savings. Then looking at the sale items and seeing the great majority of these listings nowhere near that top discount level. It is a deceitful practice, IMO. A lot of people are not so sharp with numbers...

I get that supply and demand likely prevent the brisket prices enjoyed in the past.

Jim
    LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    SRF_Sean said:

This starts this morning. Use this link to see everything that is on sale in one place (but you can shop briskets normally and still see sale prices): http://www.snakeriverfarms.com/brisket-flash-sale.html

Most of these prices will be better than the sale prices going forward starting Monday, which will be at 10%.
    Thanks. I snagged a couple of briskets. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Just ordered a gold one myself.  Giddyup!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    Options
    Wait...are we liking SRF again now???
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SSQUAL612
    Options
    First time trying an SRF Brisket so ordered a Black, also picked up 6 Racks of ribs, 2 Bone-in Filets and 2 Bone-in NY. 
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Wait...are we liking SRF again now???
    I mentioned that I didn’t like the barrage of daily emails and questioned the Double R Ranch product. Never said anything negative about the wagyu briskets. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,345
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Since I am reducing my small SRF brisket inventory by one Black grade on Sunday (the post-turkey cleansing) I just had to restock.  So, I went the self-Xmas route with a gold grade-only the second one for me at that elevated level.   
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,345
    Options
    @SSQUAL612 - way to dive into the deep end of the pool.  Great eats await.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mosca
    Mosca Posts: 456
    Options
    Glad I missed the shitestorm.

We've tried both the Gold and Black briskets, IMO the Black represents better value. I usually order a larger size, the RR BOGOs are 10-12 lbs, I think.

We've had the RR Ranch prime rib, and it was fantastic. Based on that I ordered a pair of the BOGO RR briskets. They'll be hitting the doorstep in mid December, I'll report on them.

We also ordered a ham, and another prime rib for Christmas dinner. That got us 4 wagyu sirloins, which should be pretty good.

Even with a deal, the stuff is expensive. But sometimes you want what they got.

• SSQUAL612
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @SSQUAL612 - way to dive into the deep end of the pool.  Great eats await.  
    Going to throw the brisket in the freezer & cook when a Comrad from Sub-School & ASW Days comes down.    Last time we had a beer was in 84 at MINSY during major overhaul.