Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2017 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash at Belton Lake 11-11-2017

Options
Hotch
Hotch Posts: 3,564
edited August 2017 in EggHead Forum
Yep, you are all invited to the 2017 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash at Belton Lake  on 11-11-2017.
This a gathering of of both Eggheads and Brethren to hang out and cook, drink, have fun and just simply enjoy the company of family and friends. The location is:

Overlook Pavilion at Lake Belton
3110 FM 2271
Belton, TX 76513

You, your families and friends are more than welcome to come out and enjoy the 2017 Texas Fall BBQ Brethren Bash with us. As I have said before, it's not necessary for you to bring a cooker, but you can. You don't have to bring stuff to cook, but you can. You don't have to bring any sides, but you can. But you do need to come out to the Bash!!

Shelly, Kelley, Bruce and I will be be there all day. Kelley and Bruce will bring both of their MiniMAXs.
This year I will bring my new 24x42 Shirley Offset with Warmer!
It has plenty of room if you want to cook on it.

Below is a link to the planning page loaded with a bunch of info. Any questions let me know.
Please sign up on the link in my Brethren sig line if you are coming out.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=246256

If camping there is a great RV park just on the other side of the Dam.
It is LIVE OAK RIDGE. Below is the link to the web page. Don't hesitate, they go fast!!

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/l...O&parkId=71264

Hope to see you there!!
Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
BGE Chiminea
Prosper, TX

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Would love to make it this year Hotch.
    Can you recommend a decent, close hotel?

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Hotch
    Options
    Photo Egg said:

@Photo Egg
    We are at The Residence Inn, Marriott, Temple TX.
    We have stayed there the last 3-4 Bashes and it is a great hotel.
    4301 South General Bruce Dr Temple Texas 76502
    254-773-8400

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    I wish I lived a little closer to Texas. It sounds like a blast! 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Hotch
    Options
    We do tend to have a great time at these!!
    I'll be taking my new Shirley down for this one.
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Will there be cow tipping or statue removal as part of the festivities. I already made a commitment to another of our breather n for that date....but do want to get to Texas to spend some time with you guys....assuming you would have me.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    When stationed at Ft. Hood in the late '70's I spent many weekends at Lake Belton. I would love to pay a visit to the old stomping grounds.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Hotch
    Options
    Will there be cow tipping or statue removal as part of the festivities. I already made a commitment to another of our breather n for that date....but do want to get to Texas to spend some time with you guys....assuming you would have me.
    Cow tipping mostly. And you are welcome anytime. I'll be in Norcross on Sunday. Picking up my Shirley. Then back home Monday late.
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    Options

JRWhitee said:
    When stationed at Ft. Hood in the late '70's I spent many weekends at Lake Belton. I would love to pay a visit to the old stomping grounds.
    Well come on down!
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    I'm trying to plan a trip to visit my friends in Austin at the same time so I can come up for the bash. I'll let you know if it works out.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Hotch
    Options
    I'm trying to plan a trip to visit my friends in Austin at the same time so I can come up for the bash. I'll let you know if it works out.
    Brother that would be great!
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I was also at Hood (95-98) and a fan of Schoepf's in Belton.   Cool spot, and I bet y'all will have a blast!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • frognot
    frognot Posts: 103
    Options
    Looking forward to this bash. Had to miss last year's due to cancer treatment and plan to make up for it this year.
    Allen, Texas          LBGE, Orange Thermapen (fastest and easiest to find)

• Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Lloyd and I are planning on being there.  Eggs may  be in storage, but not the sous vide, so we will be bringing something to eat.  Still have plenty of reward points on my Marriott card for a free weekend.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Hotch
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @Photo Eggsaid:

OK I signed you both up to be there!!
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    Options
    @Austin Egghead said:
    Lloyd and I are planning on being there.  Eggs may  be in storage, but not the sous vide, so we will be bringing something to eat.  Still have plenty of reward points on my Marriott card for a free weekend.
    Got both of you signed up!! =)
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    Options
    I will be bringing my Shirley this year to the Bash at Belton Lake. I have just about got all of my support gear here and ready to go. Still waiting on a tow dolly so I can pull it around to my back pool deck by hand or my Honda 3011H. Just got it out of storage for this.

Again anyone can come on out and have a great time!
    Just let me know so we can make sure we have way to much Q to eat!!
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    Options
    11 DAYS till the Texas Fall Brethren Bash

Yep and you're all invited to Texas Fall Brethren Bash 11-11-2017.

So Shelly, Kelley, Bruce and I just got back from the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival at Walt Disney World. We experienced some incredible food.

But we are all excited about the 2017 Texas Fall BBQ Brethren Bash coming up. Shelly and I will be test driving a few things for cooking in the new Shirley this week. Being new to stick burning it will be interesting to see how it comes out. Looks like a stuffed pork loin and smoked Mac and Cheese are on the list so far. I will also have an assortment of sausages.

For those first timers, get ready for a great time. You may want to bring some camp chairs and a cooler of your favorite beverages. Both adult and non flammable. There is an onsite grill/pit under the big pavilion that if a chill is in the air we will have a fire going in the early morning to warm up to.

So get things planned, clean out your Eggs and cookers, get your stuff packed, coolers iced up and get ready for another great Fall Texas BBQ Brethren Bash!!

Just click on the sign up sheet in my BBQ Brethren Signature Line and let us know who's coming please. It's that simple!

We will be there pretty much all day. Any questions just let us know.
    Paul, pjteaxas1, is a local and can answer pretty much any question about the area. There is a local RV camp ground just across the Dam.

So go ahead sign up and we will see you there !!

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=252753

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Hotch I had a real good time last year my friend but will be in Frisco (North Dallas) for Granddaughters 18th. Wish I could make it.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    @Hotch with your Q experience I know you have done smoked mac & cheese in non-stick burning rigs.  All I can say is the mac & cheese on a stick-burner definitely elevates the level of smoke concentration/flavor and for me that is a great outcome.  Enjoy the bash.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Hotch
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @lousubcap I hope to learn more about temp control on my Shirley this year at the Bash. Lighting it with and without a coal bed to start with.
    I can cook just about anything on my Eggs but the offset is a whole different cook. I have noticed that you can get to much smoke at times. So panning and covering some items does provide for smoke control.
    Also I learned about pre-warming sticks in the warming chamber.
    So I will be like a sponge and try to absorb as much as I can!
    Should have paid more attention when we were at @Thatgrimguy 's place last year!
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    edited November 2017
    Options
    6 DAYS 20 Hours till the 2017 Texas Fall Brethren Bash

Who's going? =)
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • frognot
    frognot Posts: 103
    Options
    Hate to have to miss this one but looking forward to the Spring Bash.

Not saying that Hotch is an over achiever but he's already got a pavilion reserved at Lake Ray Roberts for March 24, 2018.

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3897218#post3897218
    Allen, Texas          LBGE, Orange Thermapen (fastest and easiest to find)

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Correct me if I’m wrong but I recall a few years ago the Texas Brethren Bash was a myth. Now you guys are having them multiple times a year! I’m a little jealous.  We used to have them pretty regularly around here but not so much anymore.  

I’d highly recommend a Brethren Bash to anyone considering going.  You can count on a great time with good peeps and great eats!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • EggObsessed
    Options
    Really looking forward to the Bash this year!  The weather looks like it will be great this time....not cold like last year!  Can't wait!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Hotch
    Options
     3 DAYS 22 Hours till the Texas Fall Brethren Bash 
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Wish I could be there!! I know the food and company will be top notch
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Hotch
    Options
    The weather is looking good for Saturday!
    A bit cool in the morning with a high of 73!
    It's gonna be a great day tater! =)

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX