Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Chicken Cordon Egg

BBbrewBBbrew Posts: 33
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I made Chicken Cordon Bleu on the BGE last Tuesday night for dinner. It came out really well. I thought some of you might want to give it a try.[p]Pound chicken breasts (boneless/skinless) really thin with a meat mallet. The thinner thet better, but be careful not to puncture the meat. Lightly season each piece of chicken with salt, pepper, maybe some tarragon (careful with that stuff - dont overdo it!), and onion powder. Place a couple of thin slices of ham on top of each breast followed by a slice of swiss cheese. Roll up each chicken breast with the the ham and cheese inside like a.... (big doobie, I guess?) and secure with toothpick(s). Finnally, coat each chicken roll in finely crushed bread crumbs. The chicken was fairly moist and the crumbs stuck well so I didnt use any egg-wash.[p]Place in an metal oven pan and cook in the BGE (indirect) at 250 for 2.5 hours with cherry wood smoke chips (not many). They came out perfect. [p]This is pretty basic recipe. I am sure there are a million variations. Next time I am going to try a litle dijon mustard sauce on the inside.[p]

Comments