Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Supporting the local golf team.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Our autistic 15 year old likes to smell the smoke from the Egg. Now he's worked out that he can smell it better with the daisy wheel open. Temperature control just got a bit harder.
    @Eoin You can control the temp with just the lower vent. The only time any of my eggs see the daisy wheel is 300 degrees or lower. It's just an extra step in my opinion to get to your target temp. The original BGE never even came with the daisy wheel. Just a thought anyway if your temps are jumping around
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    @Hook_emHornsfan_74 - you are in for quite culinary experience.  Hope you are hungry...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Eoin said:
    Our autistic 15 year old likes to smell the smoke from the Egg. Now he's worked out that he can smell it better with the daisy wheel open. Temperature control just got a bit harder.
    @Eoin You can control the temp with just the lower vent. The only time any of my eggs see the daisy wheel is 300 degrees or lower. It's just an extra step in my opinion to get to your target temp. The original BGE never even came with the daisy wheel. Just a thought anyway if your temps are jumping around
    I tend to use the DW together with the bottom vent, so the fluctuations are limited, but will have to start paying more attention to the bottom vent now!
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Hook_emHornsfan_74 - you are in for quite culinary experience.  Hope you are hungry...
    Holy sh*t this is good. Just got some tacos for breakfast.  Step daughter just bought a condo not too far from there. Going to be going there a lot. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Eoin if you have an a-maze-n smoker, or even a large can with a few holes punched in the bottom, you can setup something that generates more smoke than heat and just leave that in the MM.  A local BBQ place has a barrel cooler out front that spits smoke all day, not cooking, just to draw people in.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Hook_emHornsfan_74 - better to be lucky than good regarding your certified reason to visit going forward.  Enjoy.  You need to find room for some of the moist brisket.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Eoin
    Options
    Just to make use of the hot Egg, some pigs in blankets and a piece of silverside. Pigs are for the 18 yo to take back up to Durham with him tomorrow, beef to slice for sandwiches next week.

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Googling silverside.  ;)
  • Eoin
    Options
    Googling silverside.  ;)
    What's the answer?
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Googling silverside.  ;)
    What's the answer?
    Cut from the just above the rear leg. 
  • Eoin
    Options
    Not sure these are going to make it through the evening.

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Doing steaks tonight, if you want to come to Blanco, let us know. BTW, FVCK Napa. The wines here are unfvcking real.

I can spot a REAL wino by the educated manner in which you hold your glasses!

Impressive!
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Grading midterms.  It's not pretty for anyone involved.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    bgebrent said:NJ
    Showoff.......all we have here is a freakin' gasser....
    At Alamo Springs Cafe
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina - surely "the curve" is still in play... Are you one of those professors who sees three opportunities to teach the students:
    1.  class lectures/notes
    2.  textbook (or I guess on-line today)
    3.  the exams

At least way back when if #3 was in play so was the curve.  Only way I survived.  
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Hook_emHornsfan_74 - better to be lucky than good regarding your certified reason to visit going forward.  Enjoy.  You need to find room for some of the moist brisket.  

I got the brisket taco and it was really really good. I love Franklins, but for the convenience, this might be better.  Can’t wait to go back and try more. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @JohnInCarolina - surely "the curve" is still in play... Are you one of those professors who sees three opportunities to teach the students:
    1.  class lectures/notes
    3.  the exams

At least way back when if #3 was in play so was the curve.  Only way I survived.  
    Oh yeah there’ll be a curve.  There’s always a curve.  
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    1.  class lectures/notes
    3.  the exams

I guess you're grading non-linear equations
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Cooking steaks on the mini max and watching my chickens try to decide who can and who can’t get in the coop. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    In Venice at a friend's camp.
    Options

Options
    Neighbors got it goin on
    edited November 2017
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    1.  class lectures/notes
    3.  the exams

I guess you're grading non-linear equations
    It’s a linear FEA course, so no.  But that’s a common misunderstanding.

Nonlinear FEA is taught in the spring.

And yes I know you were joking, but, yanno...
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Media:  "JT Barrett with last weeks win over Penn State you've thrown your name back in contention for the Heisman!"

JT Barrett:  "Hold my beer!"

LOL!  Suck it Fuckeyes!

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Media:  "JT Barrett with last weeks win over Penn State you've thrown your name back in contention for the Heisman!"

JT Barrett:  "Hold my beer!"

LOL!  Suck it Fuckeyes!

To an unranked Iowa team no less.   That's... gotta sting a little.  
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Put this on at 6pm. Plan to split this up for friends. 

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site