Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FireCraft

What's going on with them?   Are they not selling Rockwood anymore?
Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    edited November 2017
    Around mid September they took in and shipped out their last run of Rockwood.  Speculation was that the free shipping was too costly for them to continue.  FWIW-
    Edit: just went to the firecraft site-they have really cleaned out their product line.  Don't see anything there I would buy down the road.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Hang tight. You'll be able to buy direct in a week or two. 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    The 2-3 bag boxes arrived this week.  Just testing the website. The CA compliant bags arrived at the main warehouse and ship to Ace in California on Tuesday.  The second load will arrive in our other warehouse on Wednesday where theyll start going in the new boxes for direct sale.  So, hopefully everything will launch in about a week.  Thanks for your patience.

Such a shame you don't check your PM's.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Tony_T
    Tony_T Posts: 303
    Shipping options? (i.e. UPS, FedEx, etc)
  • lousubcap
    If I thought I could influence the shipper of choice I would hands-down go with UPS.  I won't go any further as it seems the Buffalo has a thing about shipping companies and posts.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Firecraft is dead to me now. I used to buy all of my lump, rubs, and sauces from them. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    Will be interesting to see what the shipping charges work out to for most folks for a box of 3 bags.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    HeavyG said:
    Will be interesting to see what the shipping charges work out to for most folks for a box of 3 bags.
    3 will be the best deal. 

SoCalTim said:

Such a shame you don't check your PM's.

I do.....occasionally.  It's just not a very efficient and trackable/searchable way for me to communicate.  You send me one in August, I responded, then you responded.  Did I miss one??  What's up??
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,230
    I drove for an hour and a half on Friday to an Ace to buy Rockwood. The purported 3-bag option may be worth it - depending on the price and shipping. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    @stlcharcoal so am I to understand Rockwood is available in Cali now?  Is it strictly through Ace hardware, or can I order online? No Ace locally here.
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • stlcharcoal
    I drove for an hour and a half on Friday to an Ace to buy Rockwood. The purported 3-bag option may be worth it - depending on the price and shipping. 
    If you're in Suwanee, there should be at least a half dozen within 15 minutes, including our #1 in the country......John's Creek Ace.  I'll be there next Saturday for their Eggstravaganza if you're in town.  We'll gladly ship it to you, but you're sitting right in the middle of prime territory for us.

jabam said:
    @stlcharcoal so am I to understand Rockwood is available in Cali now?  Is it strictly through Ace hardware, or can I order online? No Ace locally here.
    Yes, as of 11/1/17, it's available *to* California.  We haven't shipped any yet, but the first load leaves on Tuesday for the warehouse in Sacramento.  So hopefully sometime of the week of the 13th, Ace will be taking orders and start to shipping to stores........and we'll be shipping direct to homes.  I searched "Central Valley" and came up with two stores called Hardware Express (one in Shasta Valley, the other in Redding.)  Those close by??  

• HeavyG
    jabam said:
    Yep...Rockwood in Cali. Who'da thunk it! :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• stlcharcoal
    HeavyG said:
    jabam said:

Still takes a lot to swallow the $10K+ worth of invoices for lawyers, printing plates, insurance, and bag redesign in order to make this happen.  Hopefully they like it out there, because that's a lot of bags to pay for one state's compliance.  Took six months and a lot of people to make this happen.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG said:
    jabam said:

Still takes a lot to swallow the $10K+ worth of invoices for lawyers, printing plates, insurance, and bag redesign in order to make this happen.  Hopefully they like it out there, because that's a lot of bags to pay for one state's compliance.  Took six months and a lot of people to make this happen.
    You are going to just be using the same "Cali label"  bag now for all Rockwood right?

• lousubcap
    @HeavyG - I would think so with the investment in Prop 65 compliance as it seems like we can now all be saved from ourselves and be warned about the long term impact of burning charcoal  ;)
  • stlcharcoal
    HeavyG said:

You are going to just be using the same "Cali label"  bag now for all Rockwood right?
    Yeah, too risky not to do that.  So everyone else in the US now has fair warning on a THIRD label, that carbon monoxide can 'eff them up.
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    edited November 2017
    If you're in Suwanee, there should be at least a half dozen within 15 minutes, including our #1 in the country......John's Creek Ace.  I'll be there next Saturday for their Eggstravaganza if you're in town.  We'll gladly ship it to you, but you're sitting right in the middle of prime territory for us.

jabam said:
    Yes, as of 11/1/17, it's available *to* California.  We haven't shipped any yet, but the first load leaves on Tuesday for the warehouse in Sacramento.  So hopefully sometime of the week of the 13th, Ace will be taking orders and start to shipping to stores........and we'll be shipping direct to homes.  I searched "Central Valley" and came up with two stores called Hardware Express (one in Shasta Valley, the other in Redding.)  Those close by??  

No those are in northern CA. They have some Ace hardware stores in Fresno, they are about 45 min away. But worth the drive for me. I will check with them. Thanks!

when do you think you will be ready to ship direct?
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,230
    @stlcharcoal Sorry, need to update my info. We've moved back to Columbus, Ohio. The only ACE carrying it is 45 minutes away. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    @stlcharcoal Sorry, need to update my info. We've moved back to Columbus, Ohio. The only ACE carrying it is 45 minutes away. 
    Maybe clean up that nat’l championship line as well... :|
  • g37
    g37 Posts: 450
    Anyway way to get it to Hawaii cheap?   
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
  • stlcharcoal
    jabam said:

No those are in northern CA. They have some Ace hardware stores in Fresno, they are about 45 min away. But worth the drive for me. I will check with them. Thanks!

when do you think you will be ready to ship direct?
    Gotcha.....maybe the week of the 13th?  Supposed to be testing everything this week.

Any of the stores can order it, just request SKU#8400772.  The warehouse is in West Jefferson, so it should be there in no time.  http://www.acehardware.com/mystore/storeLocator.jsp#43207|50
  • stlcharcoal

g37 said:
    Anyway way to get it to Hawaii cheap?   

Not direct from us, but try here once it goes live......SKU 8400772

http://www.hawaiiacehardware.com/
  • Looking forward to ordering on line for So Cal!  No Ace near me.
    Simi Valley, California
    LBGE, PBC, Annova, SMOBot
  • stlcharcoal
    Looking forward to ordering on line for So Cal!  No Ace near me.

You can try this one....not called Ace, but they source from their warehouse:

http://www.acehardware.com/mystore/index.jsp?store=08529

Snowman is headed to Cali loaded with some Missouri prime. 

"Westbound now, loaded up and truckin'......."

• West bound and down?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    HeavyG said:

Yeah, too risky not to do that.  So everyone else in the US now has fair warning on a THIRD label, that carbon monoxide can 'eff them up.
    Can I get non-Cali compliant lump? All the Cali stuff causes cancer.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS