Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PSA - Polar Bear coolers - Buy one / Get one free

Options
http://www.polarbearcoolers.com/

enter promo code 2112

50% off order
Have:
 XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
Had:
LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
Ola, Ga

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    I have several of their coolers and they are fantastic.
    The Backpack cooler is great for Briskets and ribs.
    I normally keep one in my car just in case I find a deal in the meat department.

BTW...you can put one of the larger coolers in your basket, then add the $25 6 pack cooler, enter the code and get 50% off both. It worked a couple years ago and I tried it last night as well.
    The H20 series is real nice.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    Very cool.  (Ha!)  Thanks for the PSA.  Just ordered a monogrammed one as a gift and got one for me fo' free!
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options
    I did this a couple of years ago.  Couldn't be happier with the product.  I highly recommend them to anyone who could use a soft-side cooler.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I've been thinking of getting one of these for a couple of years. What size do y'all recommend @Photo Egg @Foghorn? I usually take my Engel 30 dry box when travelling with 'cue or to cook offsite. But a soft side could be useful for roadtrips etc.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options
    @caliking, I got 2 of the 24 pack nylons and gave one to my son.  

It's big enough to carry some meaningful stuff but not as unwieldly as a 48 pack.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    Options
    I did this deal a couple years ago and loved it. I've been waiting to see it again this year because the one I use and abuse the most looks a little ragged. It still works great though. 

These are really well made and nice if a soft side cooler is your preference.
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I did what @Photo Egg mentioned and got two different sizes at 50% off.

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Awesome gifts, I order them for graduations and weddings.  Love the one we have as well!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I have jumped on this deal for the past two years.  Couple of 24's and a couple of 12's.  As above, if you are looking for same day (edit-use) soft-sided coolers then here you are.
    Besides, then you won't have to post on the RTIC thread... =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Got two12’s .... thanks for sharing 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited November 2017
    Options
    caliking said:
    I've been thinking of getting one of these for a couple of years. What size do y'all recommend @Photo Egg @Foghorn? I usually take my Engel 30 dry box when travelling with 'cue or to cook offsite. But a soft side could be useful for roadtrips etc.
    I have 2 H20 series, a 12 and backpack and a 24 canvas.
    The 12 is perfect for taking food to the office once a week and stuff home when they clean the fridge one a month. 
    The backpack is good for general use and great for runs to pick up ribs or a brisket. It holds less than 24. 24 is good for toad trips or grocery store runs. I keep it in my car most of the time just in case.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    So I guess this was a one day thing?  Tried to go again, and spread it to some buddies who wanted to get in, but the promo code wouldn't take.  If the PBC gods are reading, maybe they'll extend the promo, wink-wink.
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    @HendersonTRKing Just tried it and it was working.   You either have the PBC Gods ears or it was operator error.
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,528
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I have an H20 under my boat seat... I can fill it up with ice on a Friday and will still have ice on Sunday..

keeping in mind, the cooler remains under the boat seat for ~2 full days and 1 full day of sun...

we usually come off the water around 4pm on Sunday, I will empty the cold water with still some cubed ice mixed in..the left over beer and Gatorade are still ICE cold.....

I'm glad some of y'all are giving them a shot...they really are very good coolers...
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• SSQUAL612
    Options
    $79.00 is the least expensive shipping???    Was ordering 1-24pack and 3 -12packs for Christmas gifts.  Seems a little high for shipping cost.
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    SSQUAL612 said:
    @HendersonTRKing Just tried it and it was working.   You either have the PBC Gods ears or it was operator error.
    Undoubtedly Operator Error.  Back on the trail.  Many thanks!
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • caliking
    Options
    In for a 12 and 24. Thanks for the intel.

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    SSQUAL612 said:
    $79.00 is the least expensive shipping???    Was ordering 1-24pack and 3 -12packs for Christmas gifts.  Seems a little high for shipping cost.
    That doesn't seem right...where are you located? 2 coolers for me is about $13 ground...but I'm in the same state as PBC.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SSQUAL612
    edited November 2017
    Options
    SSQUAL612 said:
    That doesn't seem right...where are you located? 2 coolers for me is about $13 ground...but I'm in the same state as PBC.
    I'm in California...not giving me ground option,  UPS 3 day is least expensive option.  I'll try again and see if ground is available.  
    Thanks @SmokeyPitt...went through process again and Ground option was there.  
  • AprèsSki
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up, 50% off makes for an early bday gift to me.
    Firing up my XL Big Green Egg, KJ Jr. or Weber gasser in Salt Lake City
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    I ended up getting a 12 and a 24. Ordered Thursday and they shipped yesterday. Should receive them Monday. Really looking forward to using them. 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • caliking
    Options
    mine were delivered today. Promptly gave one to my sister as SWMBO realized I've been on a cooler buying spree (RTIC 65 is still in the truck). Went back to see if I could pick up a backpack cooler but looks like the sale is over :(  

• billt01
    Options
    It’s Baaaaaaaack...

same me promo code...
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• billt01
    Options
    billt01 said:
    It’s Baaaaaaaack...

same me promo code...
    Just got an email
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga