Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Cordon Egg

Options
BBbrew
BBbrew Posts: 33
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I made Chicken Cordon Bleu on the BGE last Tuesday night for dinner. It came out really well. I thought some of you might want to give it a try.[p]Pound chicken breasts (boneless/skinless) really thin with a meat mallet. The thinner thet better, but be careful not to puncture the meat. Lightly season each piece of chicken with salt, pepper, maybe some tarragon (careful with that stuff - dont overdo it!), and onion powder. Place a couple of thin slices of ham on top of each breast followed by a slice of swiss cheese. Roll up each chicken breast with the the ham and cheese inside like a.... (big doobie, I guess?) and secure with toothpick(s). Finnally, coat each chicken roll in finely crushed bread crumbs. The chicken was fairly moist and the crumbs stuck well so I didnt use any egg-wash.[p]Place in an metal oven pan and cook in the BGE (indirect) at 250 for 2.5 hours with cherry wood smoke chips (not many). They came out perfect. [p]This is pretty basic recipe. I am sure there are a million variations. Next time I am going to try a litle dijon mustard sauce on the inside.[p]

Comments