Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Lying on the ground wondering if I will ever get up again.  Wondering if being fat is really all that bad, because this exercising will kill me first.
    It's not. I have lots of experience. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Lying on the ground wondering if I will ever get up again.  Wondering if being fat is really all that bad, because this exercising will kill me first.

I hate spending time in the gym.  Unfortunately, my fat a$$ needs it.
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Fat and happy here. Living large and loving life.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Storms, storms, and more storms here. We had decided to leave one Bradford pear tree standing in the back yard after they withstood the winds from the last hurricane. After Monday's storm, it stands no more. Half of it came down, thankfully, missing the house. Waiting on a call back from our tree service company to get the rest of it down. Just crap. I had hoped that I had seen the last of those guys.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    blasting said:

Turkey Tuesday.  Best turkey I've made actually.  Squash casserole, garlic cream cheese sour cream mashed spuds.

Look at how moist that is!

Nicely done
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Fat and happy here. Living large and loving life.
    Big is the best and big is beautiful.  Ha!   I've been big my whole life.  I have been in much better shape, but still in a big frame.  I do have a much less chance of being abducted, so I have that on my side.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    JethroVA said:
    @YukonRon while my SWMBOJr didn't wreck her/my car, she did get a reckless 83 in a 55 zone ticket. Potential loss of license and she's in college 3 hours away.  SWMBOSr. is on the phone with attorney right now. 

Wow. I would say she is lucky she is 3 hours away. Our daughter would envy the protection of prison, after her mother got through with her, which she will never, ever, let go.
    It's 83... we've all been there. I got a warning doing 119 in a 55. Oh the good ol' days...
    That is exactly what I use.....throw no stones..
    You guys speed? What's your hurry? Perhaps you should have left sooner.
    Heck I got two speeding tickets in the same day. One going to work and one going home. Lol. 
    I'm the family joke. I "putter" and drive slow. I'm also the one that gets speeding tickets. I actually got a warning ticket for driving 67 in a  65 coming into a small town. My family just laughed and laughed...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    Enjoying a Brown Santa delivery:

It will be on the menu for the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  Definitely cures the turkey hang-over.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Enjoying a Brown Santa delivery:

It will be on the menu for the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  Definitely cures the turkey hang-over.  
    Happy Brown Santa day!!!!!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    JethroVA said:
    @YukonRon while my SWMBOJr didn't wreck her/my car, she did get a reckless 83 in a 55 zone ticket. Potential loss of license and she's in college 3 hours away.  SWMBOSr. is on the phone with attorney right now. 

Wow. I would say she is lucky she is 3 hours away. Our daughter would envy the protection of prison, after her mother got through with her, which she will never, ever, let go.
    It's 83... we've all been there. I got a warning doing 119 in a 55. Oh the good ol' days...
    Heck I got two speeding tickets in the same day. One going to work and one going home. Lol. 
    Same cop?

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    Shopping for a new TV. Was moving the old couches out of the living room last night in preparation for the new ones that showed up today. Daughters boyfriend ran the leg of a couch right into the tv (the same one I told him to watch out for and there was plenty of room). Small crack in the screen and picture no bueno with various lines and such. Good thing they are a lot cheaper nowadays. More of that Woodford Double Oak tonight. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    @MJG- you may want to suggest daughter revisits boyfriend qualifications... "Failure to recognize right answer when told" comes to mind.  ;)
    But a good reason to climb into a bottle of DO.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    JethroVA said:

Same cop?
    No. It was the State Patrol both times though. 
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    JethroVA said:

I used to have quite the driving record. I called for an insurance quote and the lady laughed at me as she said "no way" and hung up on me. Between 18 and 21 I had lost my license 4 or 5 times. 

I got pulled over three times in less than 30 miles one night. One ticket and two warnings. Different time frame, I was pulled over 5 times in two weeks and two tickets. I nearly lost my driving job I had at the time. I stole my friends car one night and drove it off a 15' embankment. I was too intoxicated to know or remember what I did and it took a couple hours to find the car... And the rest of the day to get it out of the creek.....

The good ole' days!!!!

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Cashfan said:
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    JethroVA said:

I used to have quite the driving record. I called for an insurance quote and the lady laughed at me as she said "no way" and hung up on me. Between 18 and 21 I had lost my license 4 or 5 times. 

I got pulled over three times in less than 30 miles one night. One ticket and two warnings. Different time frame, I was pulled over 5 times in two weeks and two tickets. I nearly lost my driving job I had at the time. I stole my friends car one night and drove it off a 15' embankment. I was too intoxicated to know or remember what I did and it took a couple hours to find the car... And the rest of the day to get it out of the creek.....

The good ole' days!!!!

Sounds like you were riding the razor's edge of a Darwin Award back in your youth.
    Options
    So, just got back from my first physical therapy appointment.  Walked in with barely a limp.  Met with the therapist.

She looks at the Orthopedic's instructions - says I'm not supposed to put any weight except toe weight.  I'm like, what's that mean?  She said I should be using a walker or crutches.  I said, Doc said I should put weight on it and bend it and stuff. 

Anyway, I hope that was a mistake.  We called the doctor's office and he was off, couldn't do any of the therapy part because it's completely different based on the weight loading.  But I think that horse left the barn a week and a half ago.

Drove to the Dr's office down the street, they coudn't tell me anything. 

I told the therapist - I guess we'll be testing Wollf's Law.  She's like, I seem to remember that from school...  I told her what it was.
    Options
    @nolaegghead - I truly hope the "PT experts" can achieve whatever you have as the mutually agreed objectives by the end of the program.  Sounds like you are way ahead of the plan and that is a good thing-as range of motion and joint flexibility are the keys for me.  
    BTW- I recently flunked PT (expected the outcome going in but...) and now am doing well thanks to "better living thru chemistry" and a cortisone shot a couple of weeks ago.    Been several years since I had one (and for a totally different deal) but it beats the knife option for sure.
    Best of luck-
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Fall meal thread inspired me a bit, just wish it was a bit cooler here.  Ratatouille and a lentil thing that was really good.  No egg, no meat.  Guess I'm having bacon in the morning.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @nolaegghead - I truly hope the "PT experts" can achieve whatever you have as the mutually agreed objectives by the end of the program.  Sounds like you are way ahead of the plan and that is a good thing-as range of motion and joint flexibility are the keys for me.  
    BTW- I recently flunked PT (expected the outcome going in but...) and now am doing well thanks to "better living thru chemistry" and a cortisone shot a couple of weeks ago.    Been several years since I had one (and for a totally different deal) but it beats the knife option for sure.
    Best of luck-
    Thanks @lousubcap

I'm told I'm ahead of the curve despite probably doing all the wrong things.  Leg is getting exponentially better daily.  Pain is starting to go away. 

My theory is, since I refused pain pills from the get-go, my tolerance is way up and I'm doing my own PT just trying to get around, and that high tolerance is like the evil bastards at PT.
    Options
    Roasting a chicken in the oven and drinking. 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Hope it gets better @nolaegghead
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Best of luck-
    Thanks @lousubcap

I'm told I'm ahead of the curve despite probably doing all the wrong things.  Leg is getting exponentially better daily.  Pain is starting to go away. 

My theory is, since I refused pain pills from the get-go, my tolerance is way up and I'm doing my own PT just trying to get around, and that high tolerance is like the evil bastards at PT.
    Take the pills.....

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    lousubcap said:
    Best of luck-
    Thanks @lousubcap

Take the pills.....

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    In an Uber on the way to the train station. Uber fare, $12.41. Daily parking at the train station, $30. Hmm....
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    blasting said:

enjoying a breakfast comma.  Mashed potato cakes, steak, and eggs.

You are livin large this morning!  Looks delicious. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Nice brother Blast
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    Eating microwave popcorn in the office. You can hear the echo's "I smell popcorn"
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!