Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Might have a problem

Options

Gotta figure out what to do with all these new rubs! All sorts of stuff just arrived at my door step.

Brandon - Ohio

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    edited October 2017
    Options
    You do have a problem.  No meat!

Btw, Habenero Death Dust is one of my most used rubs.  I put some in pretty much everything I cook, even spaghetti sauce.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    And here I'm working on culling the self-inflicted herd.  I will tell you that if you like heat then the habanero death dust will get it done.  No history with the others.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Maybe...but until you panic when you get down to only having 450 pounds of lump on hand and run out screaming for a fix like a drughead to get back to 750 or so then I think you are just fine! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    That is maybe one fourth of what most of us have stashed away.  Welcome to the party pal!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Woodchunk
    Woodchunk Posts: 911
    Options
    Death dust for the win, and that's a huge bag of heat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-bvxM-B6xw
  • Hairless_Hand
    Options
    That Pineapple Head is awesome on sweet potatoes. You should give it a shot. 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Looks good from where I'm sitting.  Enjoy!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• SmartyPantz
    Options
    Habenero Death Dust! Imma have to try that!
    When do y'all teach me the secret handshake?
    XL BGE, 36" Blackstone, and a Wah Wah pedal
    Williamsburg, VA
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    You are not there yet. Trust me.

When you demolish your kitchen, and rebuild it, so that it better stores more stuff for the BGE, buy a second freezer, because the first one was too small, have 2 fridges going full time, over 30 bags of lump on hand at all time, meat slicer, food saver, several dozen aluminium pans, 80 pounds of smoke wood in each of your favorite 12 varieties, redo your patio, landscape your backyard, new patio furniture, patio lighting, sound systems, video capability, coolers, foil, butcher paper, several lighters, several thermo pens, 10 boxes of latex gloves, 4 pair of high heat gloves, 4 bundles of utility towels, amongst other things, then you my friend, may have an issue to deal with.

The initial purchase of your Big Green Egg will be the least expensive part of owning a Big Green Egg. 

They named it "the BIG GREEN egg" for a reason.

It is worth it.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:

When you demolish your kitchen, and rebuild it, so that it better stores more stuff for the BGE, buy a second freezer, because the first one was too small, have 2 fridges going full time, over 30 bags of lump on hand at all time, meat slicer, food saver, several dozen aluminium pans, 80 pounds of smoke wood in each of your favorite 12 varieties, redo your patio, landscape your backyard, new patio furniture, patio lighting, sound systems, video capability, coolers, foil, butcher paper, several lighters, several thermo pens, 10 boxes of latex gloves, 4 pair of high heat gloves, 4 bundles of utility towels, amongst other things, then you my friend, may have an issue to deal with.

The initial purchase of your Big Green Egg will be the least expensive part of owning a Big Green Egg. 

It is worth it.

Visiting Ron and Suzy is so much fun! =)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    YukonRon said:

It is worth it.

Visiting Ron and Suzy is so much fun! =)
    Y'all made it fun. Loved it and looking forward to doing it again.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • pdevoy
    pdevoy Posts: 25
    Options
    this gives me inspiration 
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Killit_and_Grillit Posts: 4,326
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Well this thread just cost me $12 for some Habenero Death Dust. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN