Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

lazy man's report

Options
hounddog
hounddog Posts: 126
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I decided to use one of those key rings and two carriage bolts, each set up with two big washers and a wingnut. I threaded the key ring (diameter about 3/4") onto two grills, then put a bunch of thighs and drums sticks onto the grill. I then tightened down the two wingnuts on the opposite side of the grills. The result was very secure.[p] I placed them direct onto a 250 egg. Every ten minutes I gave the grill a rotation of a quarter or half turn, depending on my mood. Every twenty minutes I flipped them. I think the total cook time was about an hour and a half. Results were pretty good, and pretty consistent in their cook. [p]I plan on doing a couple big messes of wings these weekend. I will give a report then, but, for now, I think this setup (or one like it) is the way to go for those of us with limited attention span. [p]Have a nice weekend.

Comments