Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New to the forum

Options
bankssh
bankssh Posts: 1
edited October 2017 in EggHead Forum
Hi all, 
I’m new to the forum and the wonderful world of the BGE.  Just purchased LBGE in September 2017 so wanted to introduce myself.  Originally from NYC and now living in Los Angeles.
Looking forward to learning and sharing tips and pics

Comments

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Welcome.  Enjoy the journey.  I’m looking forward to your cooks.

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Whatcha cooking tonight? 

New Albany, Ohio 

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Welcome :-)
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    Welcome aboard.

If you get a chance, make it to an egghead gathering some time.  An eggfest, or butt blast, or brisket camp or all of the above.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Welcome aboard.  

Nyc and LA....  Since you're an egger we'll try and give you a pass.

Phoenix 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    Welcome!
    canuckland
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Welcome aboard. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Enjoy the ride!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    Welcome to the cult I mean club. What part of LA  are you in?
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Brason
    Brason Posts: 330
    Options
    Welcome. There are a few of us from CA on here. Enjoy the ride

Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Welcome. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • tml1230
    tml1230 Posts: 237
    Options
    Welcome! As are relatively new guy myself I feel comfortable saying that every time you come to this forum ,  u will experience and learn from  folks with superior talents related to cooking on the BGE. I suspect u will find that their cooking talents are only superseded by their incredible sense of humor.
     This group makes me laugh every evening..... Would I trust any of them with my daughter??? Hell no.... But for  commarrdie and rolling smoke... There are no better folks.
    Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Welcome to the forum! What part of LA are you living? If your willing to take a short drive, check out 'The Woodshed' in Anaheim for all your bbq supplies. Tim
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Above all, have fun.
    Give the search function here a look regarding "new BGE owners" and you will find more info (most all repetitive) than you can read.
    So, as above, just ask away and someone (or more) will give you a response.  The reason I don't use " the response" is because you will quickly learn that with the BGE there are many ways to get to the promised land.  The key is "What works for you."  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ewyllins
    ewyllins Posts: 461
    Options
    Welcome and get ready to empty the wallet!
    O-Town, FL

• jdkeithbge
    Options
    Welcome to the BGE and this forum!  For the record, I don't know what @tml1230 is talking about.  We are all upstanding citizens...
    XL BGE, CGS AR & spider, 36" SS Blackstone, SMOBOT - Flower Mound, TX
  • JNDATHP
    JNDATHP Posts: 461
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Welcome.  As you have probably already figured out this forum has a bunch of fine folks who know what they’re talking about. I sure have learned a lot. 
    Michael
    Large BGE
    Reno, NV
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    Welcome. Have fun. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Welcome!!!  Enjoy and share your results
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Welcome. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Welcome to the forum. Being an egger is a contact sport. Cook food, post pics, and engage in conversation. Don't sit on the sidelines and lurk. There are good folks here. Have fun. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    Welcome aboard!!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Hi there and, as posted by others, we expect to see a lot of cooking pictures.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Hello!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    Options
    Welcome - life just improved for you, even though cooking dinner just became your job. 

Jealous that you can Egg 12 months a year. I can only manage 11, January is absolutely non-negotiable. Unless it's over 20º out.

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Welcome and yes, post lots of pictures!
    LBGE
    AL