Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dark Beer Weather

Options
2»

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited October 2017
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Have this Darkness print framed and hanging in the basement:

That was a good year.

I am still sitting on a full vertical ('07-'16 with some '17 on the way Saturday).  One of these days, I should figure out what to do with it.  It's getting so big, it will take one hell of a party to do the full vertical.

Seriously though, if anyone reading this is there this weekend and you see a small green egg, that is probably me.  Come say hi and grab some food.

Seems like a great time.  Thanks for sharing this.
    Hoping to make this next year.
    We'll have to hook up and tailgate.

My pops was a team river rat skier.
    Did shows for several years on the Rock River here.  His old wooden trick and rooster tail skies with the team logo paint are pretty neat, they are still hanging proudly on the garage wall.  The sports of us boys, put a kabosh on his fun time, and we eventually sold the boat and F250.  Good memories on the water   :)

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• RiverRatSkier
    Options

Chances are good I will be there next year too.  Have not missed one yet.  Hoping to make Dark Lord Day soon!

Yes, Omar has done a fabulous job of making something big here before everyone else jumped on his coat tails.  He could not have done it without the help of Todd though.  Too bad Todd has moved on. 

There are several teams on that there Rock River these days.  Good times have been had on rivers and lakes across the upper Midwest.

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options

Todd used to be a member and post quite a bit over at TBS.  Great guy.  Another one of my friends and a member on that same site works at Surly now.  We try to get together annually, kind of like BB or Brisket Camp.  And one gathering in TN he brought a cooler full of Bitter Brewer that Omar had sent for us. 

To make this related to BGE.  The first time I had heard of a BGE was when either Todd bought one for Omar or vice versa, Omar gifted one to Todd. 

I was going to DLD annually since ’07.  Gave it up in 2013.  The one fest that I’ve always wanted to go to and never have made it is FOBAB in Chicago.  One of these days…….

Anywho, have a great time at Darkness Day!

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited October 2017
    Options
    YEMTrey said:

Todd used to be a member and post quite a bit over at TBS.  Great guy.  Another one of my friends and a member on that same site works at Surly now.  We try to get together annually, kind of like BB or Brisket Camp.  And one gathering in TN he brought a cooler full of Bitter Brewer that Omar had sent for us. 

To make this related to BGE.  The first time I had heard of a BGE was when either Todd bought one for Omar or vice versa, Omar gifted one to Todd. 

I was going to DLD annually since ’07.  Gave it up in 2013.  The one fest that I’ve always wanted to go to and never have made it is FOBAB in Chicago.  One of these days…….

Anywho, have a great time at Darkness Day!

Thanks much for sharing this too, wow.
    https://youtu.be/QI-QaWWo_-Q
    FOBAB will definitely be on the weekend train radar next year.   
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• CigarCityEgger
    Options
    Speaking of beerfests, If you guys ever get a chance to get a Hunahpu Day ticket, do yourself a favor and go. The beer list is incredible.

http://hunahpusday.com/beer-list/

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    And the Hunahpu ain't too shabby itself, lol. 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• CigarCityEgger
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    So many different variants, it's hard to keep track after the first hour of what to try 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    So many different variants, it's hard to keep track after the first hour of what to try 
    With the ABV% of those beers, I somehow doubt it's the variety that makes it hard to keep track.  ;)
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    yogi84 said:
    @Griffin ... I live in Longmont,CO.. Lefthand HQ anyway did you get the Nitro or the standard Milk stout ? I prefer the standard but most like the Nitro 

I believe it was just the regular.

Funny thing, the grocery store wanted $11 a six pack, but at the end of the beer aisle, they have build your own six packs for $9, so I put a couple in there and grabbed some other stuff that was also over $9.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Yazoo Sue smoked imperial porter tonight.   Life is good.
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.