Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where to pick up rockwood

2»

Comments

• Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    @bucky925 said:
    Talked to my local ace dealer (lanier's in Lexington NC) They can't order rockwood but will order kamado joe lump.  They said they had several palletts in stock.  Going tomorrow to pick up a few bags to try out. I hope I like it. 
    I thought @stlcharcoal said that any Ace hardware store east of the Mississippi can order it for you using SKU 8400772
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Shiff said:
    @bucky925 said:
    Talked to my local ace dealer (lanier's in Lexington NC) They can't order rockwood but will order kamado joe lump.  They said they had several palletts in stock.  Going tomorrow to pick up a few bags to try out. I hope I like it. 
    I thought @stlcharcoal said that any Ace hardware store east of the Mississippi can order it for you using SKU 8400772
    Now, it's east of the Rockies.......by the end of the year it will be east of the Pacific.
  • 510BG
    510BG Posts: 189
    $26.99 for 20lb at ace stores in California starting 10/20/17. 
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Shiff said:
    @bucky925 said:
    If you ask for Rockwood,  some employees may have a hard time finding it in their ordering system.  Give them SKU 8400772 and it will pop up.  Just go to the special order desk and ask them to order you SKU 8400772.
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    I just ordered some locally and it is still $24.99.  Also will be using a $10 off (total order) coupon from Ace Rewards.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • Yep, that Ace Rewards $5 or $10 every month gets spent on lump, namely Rockwood.  They know what I am looking for when I walk in every month!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,230
    @stlcharcoal Hey, any sources in the Central Ohio/Columbus market?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• stlcharcoal
    @stlcharcoal Hey, any sources in the Central Ohio/Columbus market?

Yes, any Ace Hardware.  SKU #8400772  The ones that have it on the shelf should be on our dealer locator.  We have a few standalone dealers on the west side of the state too.

510BG said:
    $26.99 for 20lb at ace stores in California starting 10/20/17. 

That price may vary by store, so don't take it as the gospel.  Also, that date might be when the SKU goes live and/or the PO sent, but it's going to be a few weeks for it to move from us, to their warehouse, to the store, to the shelf.  Plan on Nov. 1 to be safe.  Nothing has shipped yet, so definitely not going to be on the shelf by Friday.

• radamo
    radamo Posts: 373
    llrickman said:
    I was there In June.  And my BIL had picked up a bag. This is why I said they "might". 

Im sure it was an old bag but worked just fine 

To bad I can't find rockwood in Albuquerque 
    Give it s few more weeks (or months?) and it will be available through Ace Hardware.  Definitely by the end of the year, but it really should be in the next few weeks.
    Is it available in Ace Hardware in NY? 
    Long Island, NY
  • stlcharcoal
    radamo said:
    llrickman said:
    I was there In June.  And my BIL had picked up a bag. This is why I said they "might". 

Im sure it was an old bag but worked just fine 

To bad I can't find rockwood in Albuquerque 
    Give it s few more weeks (or months?) and it will be available through Ace Hardware.  Definitely by the end of the year, but it really should be in the next few weeks.
    Is it available in Ace Hardware in NY? 

Yep!  Or any Emery-Jensen supplied store.  If you have a "mom & pop" hardware store near you that is not an Ace, True Value, or Do-it Best, it's highly likely it's an Emery-Jensen supplied store.......which Ace now owns and supplies their stores.

In two weeks from now, ANY Ace Hardware in the US can order or stock it.  Shortly thereafter, you should be able to order it from the Ace website and have it shipped to the local store as well.