Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SRF Pork Month 40% Off

Didn't see anyone that had posted this yet. Just thought I would share. As soon as I close on my house I plan on buying some things from here. Never done it before.

Live in Austin/From Arkansas

XL BGE

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    It's been disappointing on here since Shane left the company.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited October 2017
    thetrim said:
    It's been disappointing on here since Shane left the company.
    .....and the security breach also. I will say that I love their pork chops. I purchased some for the anniversary / San Juan boat trip a while back. They were outstanding....even cooked over a gas grill hanging off the side of the boat.

Not to hijack this thread.....has anyone ever purchased one of their Crown Roast? Curious how it was and about how many can it feed?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    Bummed the ham isn't included in the sale.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • We miss Shane too, sorry we haven't been as present on the forum as when he was around. That won't be the case in the future. And we can always help with questions. The crown roast is technically the same size as a full rack - so 10-12 chops are included. But they tend to lose a little in the trim to make the crown roast work, so expect to feed about 8 people with it, considering some folks will get two smaller chops. And don't fret about the ham, in a week or two we'll have a sale dedicated to just them.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    SRF_Sean said:
    We miss Shane too, sorry we haven't been as present on the forum as when he was around. That won't be the case in the future. And we can always help with questions. The crown roast is technically the same size as a full rack - so 10-12 chops are included. But they tend to lose a little in the trim to make the crown roast work, so expect to feed about 8 people with it, considering some folks will get two smaller chops. And don't fret about the ham, in a week or two we'll have a sale dedicated to just them.
    Sean....appreciate the follow up. I think I will be doing one of the crowns for one of our holiday meals. Fair to say, they are not likely to go on sale?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SRF_Sean said:
    We miss Shane too, sorry we haven't been as present on the forum as when he was around. That won't be the case in the future. And we can always help with questions. The crown roast is technically the same size as a full rack - so 10-12 chops are included. But they tend to lose a little in the trim to make the crown roast work, so expect to feed about 8 people with it, considering some folks will get two smaller chops. And don't fret about the ham, in a week or two we'll have a sale dedicated to just them.
    Sean....appreciate the follow up. I think I will be doing one of the crowns for one of our holiday meals. Fair to say, they are not likely to go on sale?
    They definitely will at some point in the Holiday Season, mid-December at the latest, but we don't know the dates just yet. My guess is that we will have them on sale as an alternative to turkey before Thanksgiving too, so stay tuned.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Since I'm here, @SRF_Sean - Any chance for a BOGO Black grade brisket sale on the horizon, like last year?  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap said:
    Since I'm here, @SRF_Sean - Any chance for a BOGO Black grade brisket sale on the horizon, like last year?  
    We do not. We had a brisket sale a couple of weeks ago and that's our only planned sale for the fall at this point.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    I got in on that sale but was hoping...oh, well-there's always next year  ;)
    Thanks for the response.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.