Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Two of the three at their new home

Options
We have left our beloved hill country "keep it weird" Austin for new life in Rowlett TX.  Taste Tester health has not been the best this year and the kids wanted us closer to them.  So, we sold our house in Austin and were set to build a new one In Rowlett, but, building another house at this time was not in the cards.  
The builder that we had picked just had a completed a spec house that would work, so we purchased that house.  We have several modifications to do before we bring our furniture up.
The eggs were never destined to be touched nor transported by the movers.  The small came up a week before the move and is still in storage.  The large and mini were the last to leave the house after the movers had gone.  I want to thank BBQ Outfitters for sending us help to get the large out of the SS table. (we will miss you guys...but be down to cook next year)  
They will temporary reside on the  patio, but they are destined to the be the stars of the new outdoor kitchen.
To all the Dallas area folks give us a few months to get settled in and the kitchen built, then it will be party time.

Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx

Comments

• texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    Welcome to the neighborhood. Rowlett is nice. It has a lot of exciting things coming up. Plenty close to all the things of Dallas.  The Arboretum is really nice this time of year. I'm about 40 minutes away from you.  We'll have to get together sometime and hit up some BBQ spots. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Welcome to your new digs! 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Very nice Joan...Glad you had a safe move. 
    BTW, you 2 were the sane part of Austin. It will stay weird!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • EggObsessed
    Options
    Glad to hear y'all are starting to get settled in.  We'll have to come visit y'all in your new digs, and you'll have to come see us in ours, once we move in.  Exciting times for all!!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Home is where your family and eggs are....all the best.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    texaswig said:
    Welcome to the neighborhood. Rowlett is nice. It has a lot of exciting things coming up. Plenty close to all the things of Dallas.  The Arboretum is really nice this time of year. I'm about 40 minutes away from you.  We'll have to get together sometime and hit up some BBQ spots. 
    Soon as we settle in we will email and do a BBQ run.  We have already found a Meican food place to replace our two favs in Austin.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options

caliking said:
    Welcome to your new digs! 
    Thank you.  Will take a while to get life in order, but we are retired now and have all the time in the world. =).  My even find time to put the gaskets on the large. :)
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options

Photo Egg said:
    Very nice Joan...Glad you had a safe move. 
    BTW, you 2 were the sane part of Austin. It will stay weird!
    The other sane people were Kelley and Bruce and they have left Austin too.....
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Kelley, can't wait to see your new digs.  I know y'all will enjoy the lake.  
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Home is where your family and eggs are....all the best.

Thanks and so very true.
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Joan we are not far from you here in Prosper. Let me know if you need anything. And we are glad to have you in the hood, so to speak. I think I can see a lot of parties in the future!!
    Watch that @texaswig guy, he drives a murder van!!  
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • NotEnoughSmoke
    Options
    Welcome from Lewisville, TX
    XL BGE
    WSM 18.5
    Currently live in Southern Oklahoma/ North Texas region
    Born and raised in Chicago! Da BEARS
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    The Greek place on 66 called opa Greek trevena is owned and ran by a guy I know. He's always having events and specials. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    texaswig said:
    The Greek place on 66 called opa Greek trevena is owned and ran by a guy I know. He's always having events and specials. 
    Thanks for the heads up.  Everyone in Roulette we have talked with recommends Opa...visit in future.  Also the german place has been highly recommended. 
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Hotch...It is good to be in the "Hood".  As soon as you get back from the "foodie walkabout" we need to get together.  See y'all soon.  
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Welcome from Lewisville, TX
    Thank you
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Hotch...It is good to be in the "Hood".  As soon as you get back from the "foodie walkabout" we need to get together.  See y'all soon.  
    Will do.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX