Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Egg as carry on luggage?

Options
Tanker Tim
Tanker Tim Posts: 68
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Would a mini egg exceed the size requirements for carry on luggage?[p]Any mini users out there care to comment on this one?
I'm going to the states in a couple of weeks and if I can get away
with it I'd like to try and bring one back as a small momento of a foreign land (I haven't lived in the "World" in 8 years)[p]
Thanks[p]TT

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Tanker Tim,[p]So what is the problem? It has a handle - I have seen a few ladies purses that are as big and look as sturdy. You might have to wear a dress but...................?[p]Tim
  • Teslamania
    Options
    Tanker Tim,[p]I hope that you have a great trip back state side. I looked at the United Airlines web site (link below) and they specify the dimensions for carry on luggage. It would seem that the mini would fit. Now, with the stuff around the egg it might not, but if you just carried the egg, with the padding and stuff for the inside, i bet it would work. Look at the EGG site page concerning "dimensions" and it seems as if you should be able to sneak it aboard. Call BGE head quarters or e mail them and see if they have any experience with this! Search for a web site for the airline that you will be flying on to see what the specifics are for your carrier. Good luck.

[ul][li]UAL Carry on luggage:[/ul]
  • Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Options
    Teslamania,[p]I can see the headlines now "Man arrested for carring large green grenade aboard United Airlines Flight" [p]Yeah Baby!

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Bob, there is a certain similiarity in shape and color!

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Tanker Tim, I'd certainly give it a try. A mini egg fits nicely in L. L. Bean "Boat & Tote" bags. (If you wore your uniform they'd probably even let you take 2...). JCA

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Tanker Tim,
    I think i would leave it in the factory packing,put it in a box,tape it real good and check it in as luggage.
    YB

• Tanker Tim
    Options
    Gfw,[p]The scary thing is that I booked the flight with UAL!![p]I think I'll have to go the pack it up real good and check it at the counter, hmmmm if that's the case, maybe I should just get a small,,,,,[p]You folks are going to get me into troubel!!![p]Thanks,[p]TT

• Teslamania
    Options
    Tanker Tim,[p]Didn't you see on the web site it says military persons carrying big green eggs are not subject to normal rules? ;-}[p]Where are you going anyway?

• Tanker Tim
    Options
    Teslamania,[p]
    I'll have to get the "Contents exempt from examination"
    sticker and some green SCI tape to label it!!! [p]I'm headed to the big city of Des Moines, and give
    Char-Wood some competition!!![p]
    TT[p][p]