Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Brining?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
General question... Has anyone ever tried to brine a brisket? I've done several low and slow before but was laying awake thinking about this the other night . Any thoughts from the eggsperts would be welcome. Thanks.

Comments

• SkyRider
    Options
    Alphasmoker,
    Have done it several times....seems to make the meat a bit more tender "earlier"...& less shrinkage. Rinse it well after brining, keeping the brine cold... Does NOT make it salty...don't be afraid to inject marinade either, but not in addition to brining. let us know how it turns out.

• SkyRider,
    worked out great... overnight brining, all day in the rub and
    a 16 hr smoke. Much moister than all previous briskets. Will do it this way every time. Thanks,[p]Alphasmoker

• RalphieBoy
    RalphieBoy Posts: 131
    Options
    SkyRider said:
    Alphasmoker,
    Have done it several times....seems to make the meat a bit more tender "earlier"...& less shrinkage. Rinse it well after brining, keeping the brine cold... Does NOT make it salty...don't be afraid to inject marinade either, but not in addition to brining. let us know how it turns out.

What ingredients do you guys use in your Brisket Brine? I normally brine mine 4-5 days in fridge. Thanks
    Large, Small, Mini Max & Mini.
    Wishlist XXL, XL & Medium 
  • unoriginalusername
    unoriginalusername Posts: 1,063
    edited July 2018
    Options
    SkyRider said:
    Alphasmoker,

What ingredients do you guys use in your Brisket Brine? I normally brine mine 4-5 days in fridge. Thanks
    12 years....

But since you asked, salt only dry brine