Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Maceo, Galveston Spice Company

Options
Maceo is a small Spice Import Company in Galveston.
It's a hidden jewel that has been around since the 40s.
This large bottle was only $12.99 and it's all Spice. I don't think there is any salt filler. They have lots of ground spices and a few blends such as this one.

Thank you,
Darian

Galveston Texas

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,654
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Good looking chicken bro. I wouldn't mind trying a bottle of that rub.

Do they sell online?

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    A few questions for ya? Do they bring in raw ingredients, process and pack? Also do they create the blends on sight? Can you go there and purchase by the ounce retail or do they distribute packaged through retailers? Sorry for the multiple questions. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Nice, I wish more commercial rubs were available salt free. Salt is dirt cheap and I like to dry brine.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • cssmd27
    cssmd27 Posts: 345
    Options
    DMW said:
    Nice, I wish more commercial rubs were available salt free. Salt is dirt cheap and I like to dry brine.
    Totally agree.  I like to control my own salt level and adjust depending on my goal.  Equilibrium brining is a challenge with rubs or spice blends because of the salt and not knowing how to compensate for it in the calculation.
    Dallas (University Park), Texas