Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanksgiving Help

Options
bbqdiva
bbqdiva Posts: 192
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
While I have been an avid Egger for the past two years......I'm still VERY intimidated by turkey. I've tried two and both were less than average in my opinion. I REALLY want to do the turkey on my egg this Thanksgiving. I know there is probably lots of info in the archives, but I thought I would approach the subject directly, seeing that Thanksgiving is just around the corner.[p]All recipes and help GREATLY appreciated :-)[p]bbqdiva
[ul][li]My Personal Egg Page[/ul]

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    bbqdiva,
    here is the detailed link to how i do a turkey .. .and as i have the past 2 years, on wednesday/thursday at thanksgiving, i will have the "mad max hotline" open and ready to take your calls. ...

[ul][li]http://www.nakedwhiz.com/madmaxturkey.htm[/ul]
  • bbqdiva
    Options
    heya mad max beyond eggdome,[p]love the handle by the way! omg! thank you soooo much for such a detailed explanation with pictures! can't wait to give it a whirl prior to tksgiving :-)[p]
    printed that one for sure and popped it in my BGE cook binder.[p]bbqdiva

[ul][li]My BGE Home Page[/ul]
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    bbqdiva,[p]Here's another option. It's pretty amazing, and so far, I've never had one fail.[p]Tonia
    :~)

[ul][li]Maple Brined Turkey[/ul]
  • bbqdiva
    Options
    Heya QBabe,[p]Thanks so much for the turkey help. I'm so depressed about my turkey abilities. I seem to do just about everything else O.K. LOL! I have a "gobbler" block I guess :P[p]Could you please explain the theory behind brine? How does that work and not make the meat salty? I've always wanted to try that. I'll definately experiment with brine before Tksgiving.[p]Also, I live in the Ormond Beach area and I hear you help organize an Eggfest our way :-) Never been to one. Is the next one in March 2007 in our area?[p]Much thanks and happy BBQ adventures,[p]bbqdiva

[ul][li]My BGE Home Page[/ul]
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    bbqdiva,
    QBabe doesn`t help with the organizing...she IS the organizer...It`s her event.....This link should give you all the info you want about brining...[p]Wess

[ul][li]Brining[/ul]
  • bbqdiva
    Options
    Heya WessB,[p]I am overwhelmed at how helpful everyone is on here :-) [p]Cool link! [p]"The most commonly offered explanation is that the flavor brine solution contains a higher concentration of water and salt than the meat, so the solution passes into the meat cells through their semi-permeable membranes, adding water and flavor to the inside of the meat cells." [p]Among other theories! Excellent reading.[p]Many thanks,[p]bbqdiva
    [ul][li]My BGE Homepage[/ul]