Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Big Green Apple Pie!

CubFanCubFan Posts: 10
edited 2:56AM in EggHead Forum
My wife enters an apple pie contest every year at a local apple festival. This year we decided to cook the pie on the BGE. She took second place in the contest! Since she has won awards for her apple pie before, I won't give ALL the credit to the BGE, but we thought it was pretty cool to tell people her pie was baked on a grill. [p]The pictures are from last weekends "test run" since the contest pie was on the egg by 6:30 Saturday morning and it was still dark outside.[p]HPIM1195.jpg[p]HPIM1196.jpg[p]HPIM1199.jpg[p]It just proves there is no limit to what can be cooked on the BGE. The pies do come out with a light smoke flavor. No wood chunks/chips were used. Just Ozark Oak at about 400^ indirect for 1hour and 20 minutes.
·

Comments

• Cubfan,
    Must sound like great eating. Did she make it from fresh apples? We love making apple pies from fresh apples too!

·
  • CubFanCubFan Posts: 10
    HPIM1195.jpg
    <p />Bluegillman,
    It was made from fresh apples. She likes to use Granny Smith apples because she thinks they don't get as mushy when you cook them.[p]I am adding the pictures again only because when I posted them yesterday it was my first time with pictures and I didn't get the little camera icon. I wanted to do it again because I think I figured out what I did wrong. [p]HPIM1196.jpg[p]HPIM1199.jpg[p]I hope that worked.

·