Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

smoked cornish game hen

edited 11:33AM in EggHead Forum
<p />WoW ![p]2 hours & 46 minutes @ 250 degrees with cherry chips.[p]i ate all four legs right off the egg!

• GHEggerGHEgger Posts: 37
    You're killing me! Those look fantastic - it doesn't shock me that the legs didn't make it to the carving table!

I took my first pork shoulder off the egg 45 minutes ago. The waiting is completely painful - especially with folks like you posting mouthwatering pics! ;)

Nice job. Keep 'em coming.
  • J AppledogJ Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Cherry hardwood or cherry fruit wood, Rick's Tropical Delight?

• Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]Looks wonderful. I am planning on doing two this week. Did you do these direct or indirect? Appreciate you help. AZ
  • 01oct06-001.jpg
    <p />AZ Traveler,
    indirect with plate setter and drip pan. i had to bend the flanges of the pan a little to get it to sit in the plate setter...
    i also put a couple of lemon slices in each cavity.[p]photo is at 1 hour & 18 minutes

• J Appledog,
    heh, i'm not sure...
    it's a bag of chips from little chief and it says cherrywood from the pacific northwest blended with a little alder so i assume it's cherry hardwood.[p]all i know is it tasted fabulous!

• Rick's Tropical Delight,
    That's a nice clean egg you got there. Looks brand new! :~D You're breaking it in just fine. [p]Cheers,[p]Adrian B.

• Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]Really looks good. Nice picture. Thanks for you info and help. AZ