Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

smoked cornish game hen

edited 11:17AM in EggHead Forum
01oct06-017.jpg
<p />WoW ![p]2 hours & 46 minutes @ 250 degrees with cherry chips.[p]i ate all four legs right off the egg!
·

Comments

• GHEggerGHEgger Posts: 37
    You're killing me! Those look fantastic - it doesn't shock me that the legs didn't make it to the carving table!

I took my first pork shoulder off the egg 45 minutes ago. The waiting is completely painful - especially with folks like you posting mouthwatering pics! ;)

Nice job. Keep 'em coming.
    ·
  • J AppledogJ Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Cherry hardwood or cherry fruit wood, Rick's Tropical Delight?

·
  • Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]Looks wonderful. I am planning on doing two this week. Did you do these direct or indirect? Appreciate you help. AZ
    ·
  • 01oct06-001.jpg
    <p />AZ Traveler,
    indirect with plate setter and drip pan. i had to bend the flanges of the pan a little to get it to sit in the plate setter...
    i also put a couple of lemon slices in each cavity.[p]photo is at 1 hour & 18 minutes

·
  • J Appledog,
    heh, i'm not sure...
    it's a bag of chips from little chief and it says cherrywood from the pacific northwest blended with a little alder so i assume it's cherry hardwood.[p]all i know is it tasted fabulous!

·
  • Rick's Tropical Delight,
    That's a nice clean egg you got there. Looks brand new! :~D You're breaking it in just fine. [p]Cheers,[p]Adrian B.

·
  • Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]Really looks good. Nice picture. Thanks for you info and help. AZ
    ·