Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jim Beam Smoking Chips

Options

Picked these up from sams club this morning for $6. I think they were originally $20. It's a decently heavy box for wood chips. Haven't opened up yet but going to try it out tonight!
Large BGE in Moore, OK

Comments

• chuckytheegghead
    Options
    Nice grab! Let us know. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Enjoy.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    I've seen that....  Let us know how it is.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Great deal.
    I may have to cruise by Sams.
    Prefer chips in the eggs.  Chunks for everything else.
    JD chips are my fave, intoxicating aromatherapy.  Keep a bag at home, and one in the camp que tote.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    Focker said:
    Great deal.
    JD chips are my fave, intoxicating aromatherapy.  Keep a bag at home, and one in the camp que tote.
    Have found the JB to be very close to JD chips, you know, the same but different. SWMBO says the JB tastes better, the JD smells better - this coming from the gal who usually closes the windows soon as I light the egg, go figure. 

$6 is a great buy. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Focker
    Options
    Focker said:
    Great deal.
    Have found the JB to be very close to JD chips, you know, the same but different. SWMBO says the JB tastes better, the JD smells better - this coming from the gal who usually closes the windows soon as I light the egg, go figure. 

$6 is a great buy. 
    Good stuff, thanks Skiddy.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Occasionally,  a friend of mine, who works for MM, has access to discarded bungs used as stoppers for their bourbon barrels. We have found they make excellent smoke on the BGE.
    They are kind of highly sought after by the BBQ experts around here.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    I found a bag of Jack Daniels chips, along with apple, hickory, and cherry at Walmart.  Clearance priced at like $2.50 a bag while they last.  

Not sure what to use them on yet.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • TideEggHead
    Options
    We also like the JD chips, I'll have to give these a try next time I see them!
    LBGE
    AL
  • maso
    maso Posts: 240
    Options
    I did open the box and man it smells terrific! Can't wait to try them out. Will have to get a break from the blackstone first though!
    Large BGE in Moore, OK
  • Focker
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Go in for a six dollar box of wood, and leave with $58 of this.  

The stories and food photos in the Lodge book are amazing, flipping through the breakfast section alone sealed the deal.  Instant Pot book has been sold out for some time, good to see they restocked.  Had the SS grill basket in my hand this Spring, glad I waited to pull the trigger.  Will be a fun addition to the campfire bbq tote.  Thought I'd post this up here too, for the Sam's Club hunters.

Brandon
    Quad Cities