Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ground Chuck For Burgers?

Options
Choice cuts of chuck are on sale and I'm thinking about giving it a whirl.  Anyone tried this?  Thanks..

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    Its all I use ...
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,660
    Options
    Buy a chuck roast. Grind it up. Make burgers. They will probably be the best you've ever had.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Had one just last night. I use a food processor.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• OhioEgger
    Options
    Chuck is the only cut of beef to use for burgers. 80/20 ratio. If you can get Angus the difference is noticeable IMHO.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    For Michael:  S&S has choice chuck on sale this week for $2.99/#.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    LOL, thanks. I just discovered that.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Robusto
    Options
    Call me weird, but my burger meat of choice is 85/15 sirloin.  I like a little lower fat content and think sirloin has better flavor. 
  • Corvus
    Options
    You can't go wrong with chuck, my preference is short ribs.
    Blessed are the flexible for they shall not get bent out of shape.

LBGE, Weber Genesis II, Weber Performer, 2-WSM, PKGrill, 22" Blackstone, KettlePizza, Joule, ChefAlarm, Smoke, 2-ThermaPens.