Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anova Sous Vide limited sale

Options
Photo Egg
Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
edited September 2017 in EggHead Forum

https://us.anovaculinary.com/products/1st-gen-anova-precision-cooker?utm_source=Anova+Food+Nerd+Family&utm_campaign=1964b4c672-promo_us_first_gen&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_0315742ebc-1964b4c672-105743613&ct=t(promo_us_first_gen)&goal=0_0315742ebc-1964b4c672-105743613&mc_cid=1964b4c672&mc_eid=e253a0e8b6

$149   $89   $60

1st Gen WI-FI

Was:   Price:   Save:
$199   $109   $90
  • Bluetooth + WI-FI Features:

• Control your cooker at home or at work.
    • Serves up to 8 people. Perfect for daily cooking.
    • 800 watts heats your water fast.
    • First generation Precision Cooker.
    • Includes one year warranty.
    Hurry! Only 379 remaining!

Thank you,
Darian

Galveston Texas

Comments

• Photo Egg
    edited September 2017
    Options
    no message
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    Just two days after I pulled the trigger on the Joule.  That's sometimes the way it goes.
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    @20stone I think I would prefer the joule anyways. I use their app for my cook temp and time. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • CarolinaCrazy
    CarolinaCrazy Posts: 585
    edited September 2017
    Options
    There are Anova sales everywhere right now. I think they are dumping inventory prior to releasing some new models for the holidays.
    1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • CarolinaCrazy
    Options
    texaswig said:
    @20stone I think I would prefer the joule anyways. I use their app for my cook temp and time. 
    FWIW - The Anova app allows you to set time and temp as well. 

1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Ah well, just got my Anova last week for $149.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Dredger said:
    Ah well, just got my Anova last week for $149.
    You probably have the newer model so $149 is good. IMO
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • stonewh
    stonewh Posts: 169
    Options
    Been wanting to give this a try so pulled the trigger on the wifi one, thanks for the heads up. 
    Birmingham, AL
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    You probably have the newer model so $149 is good. IMO

Yes, I believe it is the newer model @Photo Egg. With all the weather crap, I haven't even used it yet, but will this week.

Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    20stone said:
    Just two days after I pulled the trigger on the Joule.  That's sometimes the way it goes.
    FWIW heating power :
    Anova BT 800w
    Anova wifi 900w
    Joule 1100w

I bought the Anova BT on sale a while ago as my secondary SV unit, for travelling and bigger cuts like brisket etc. Tends to be bulky for travelling. If the Anova dies, I'll probably get a Joule.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    Love my anova.  Both of them.  I have those two models that are on sale.  Can control them from my phone, but more importantly, I can control them from the device.  I would hate to have to only be able to use the phone to control it.  Its like the removal of switches and knobs in cars.  My car has touchscreen problems, and it is out of warranty.  Now I cant control the heater/AC because the screen is broken.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    They announced last January that there were going to be three new models coming out late this summer so I'm guessing they will be out real soon.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    My Sansaire is 1100 watts. But it's all manual. Not a big deal. If I used it alot I would good with something that is app based. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    They announced last January that there were going to be three new models coming out late this summer so I'm guessing they will be out real soon.

My existing Anova holds perfect temp, and is simple to operate.  It will be interesting to see what useful features 3 new models will offer. 

I'm sure it will be something i cannot live without.

Phoenix 
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    blasting said:
    HeavyG said:

My existing Anova holds perfect temp, and is simple to operate.  It will be interesting to see what useful features 3 new models will offer. 

I know one of the new models is a micro, smaller size. For travel and small pots.
    It was briefly on kick starter.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Thank you, Darian. I ordered the $109 one. I had the opportunity to see one in action this week and was quite impressed. 
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    blasting said:
    HeavyG said:

I know one of the new models is a micro, smaller size. For travel and small pots.
    It was briefly on kick starter.
    Here's a pic of the announced new models from many months ago. The new, smaller one was going to be called the Nano and cost $99. No idea if all of that info will still hold when they fo actually release their new models.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    caliking said:
    20stone said:
    FWIW heating power :
    Anova BT 800w
    Anova wifi 900w
    Joule 1100w

I bought the Anova BT on sale a while ago as my secondary SV unit, for travelling and bigger cuts like brisket etc. Tends to be bulky for travelling. If the Anova dies, I'll probably get a Joule.
    You're the one who put me on the Joule. I set it up, and now have an SV I can control from anywhere, along w our sprinklers and garage AC.  It's very cool
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX