Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A night of firsts for me! Popped my flashback cherry and baked on the Egg!

Options
mojopin
mojopin Posts: 200
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After 2+ years of owning my LBGE I am finally not a flashback virgin! [p]This amazing blue flame was shooting out of the top of my Egg about a foot in the air, temp was only around 650°, getting ready to sear my skirt steak. I closed the vents down, burped the egg like I always do.... and as I slowly opened the lid this amazing blue flame had accumulated in the dome and came up and around and gracefully brushed my arm.... it wasn't all that hot, warm and fuzzy kind of feeling. Thankfully I had on long sleeves and I still have all my arm hair in tact! I was starting to think that flashback was a total guy thing! [p]Skirt steak came out awesome, rubbed in a combination of DP Cowlick and Raging River to compliment the peppers and onions I dusted and grilled.[p]My second first was BAKING! I was so impressed. I had made some homemade banana bread batter. Filled 8 mini loaf tins, put on the platesetter after I was done grilling, let that heat up about 10 min, put on the banana bread loafs on the platesetter and shut down the egg to use the residual heat. 1 hour and 15 minutes later.... Mmmmm fresh baked Banana Bread![p]YAY Me![p]-Jill

Comments

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    mojopin,[p]Definitely NOT a guy thing at all! Welcome to the girls club (there aren't many of us, but we ROCK!)...[p]Tonia
    :~)

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    May52006135.jpg
    <p />QBabe,[p]As the lifetime president of the QBabe fan club, I am qualified to say that you definitely ROCK, Tonia.... and considering JimW's expression, I think he would agree. [p]heeee!

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Yes we do, QBabe! [p]JCA

• mojopin
    mojopin Posts: 200
    Options
    QBabe,[p]Glad to be a part of the club! I hope to make it to Eggtoberfest to meet my fellow club members! And yes, we do ROCK, I make it a competition everytime I cook on the egg, I always try and out do my other half![p]-Jill :)
  • jwirlwind
    Options
    mojopin,
    I was surprised yesterday when doing a couple of steaks. After losing some hair on my left arm, closing the Egg was the surprise. When the lid touched together, it started to lift back up two times before closing down. Amazing how much preasure this thing can hold with a good gasket and tight fit. [p]Chef Jery

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Jwirlwind,
    that reminds me of the weirdest flashback i ever had.[p]i tried to force one, to show my brother. the egg was roaring along, and I shut it down, then went back to it a few minutes later and said "watch this". opened the lid, nuthin.[p]as we were standing there, not touching the egg, the lid jumped two or three times. like it chattered and bounced on the gasket. sound like what happened to yours.[p]

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • ChuckGGa
    Options
    WooDoggies,
    Curiosity is killing me...
    1) how many eggs in this set-up? 4?
    2) this appears to be indoors, how are they vented? what is it I can not see in this picture? surely they don't cook indoors, so vented somehow? or is this an open air area of some sort ? [p]Thanks-

8 Green Eggs...I have a problem, ha ha!   1-XL; 2-L, 2-Med; 2-Sm; 1-Mini.