Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Medium or Large

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Looking to purchase my first BGE. [p]My question is what size should I buy for smoking 3 large chickens?[p] Thanks in advance Jerry!

Comments

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    Jerry Williams,If you're already planning cooks as large as this, get the large , although the medium would possibly suffice. Future cooks of ribs pulled pork for a crowd will be insured with the large. IMHO good luck.Bob[p]
  • Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    Options
    Jerry Williams,
    Buy the large. Read the Mike Bowen posts down below, this should answer your question and maybe bring up some more.
    Fireball

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    Fireball Looked up your profile. The wife and I just bought property outside Portage Wi.to retire on. Now I know we have a sister city nearby. Take care

• Painter, congratulations on the retirement. Now work really begins..:-) Wisconsin is a beautiful state with all seasons in full affect. Only been as far north as Chippewau Falls. Toured the Frank Lloyd Wright area. He could have designed my home anytime. Quite a sense of blending the outdoors with human habitat. It would be great to have a trout stream runnin right thru your living room..IMHO..My wiffy would challenge that!! :-) All told, to keep in rythm with the forum, Wisc. is a good state for BBQ.
    Cheers..C~W[p]

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Fireball, Yuppers, less hassle. He could stuff 3 in a medium, but it would take some maneuvering. For a few buck's why suffer?? "Go Large Go",,,BGE season is never over.heeeyaaaa. Must be the Basketball mentality ??
    C~W

• Jerry Williams,[p]Large, large , large, large, large,[p]just my opinion

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Jerry Williams, I have a medium and two chickens come out great. I once did three and only through great manipulations did they all turn out. If you want to do three at a time, get a large.

• Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    Options
    Painter,
    Welcome to my sister City. But does Kalamazoo, Wi border Portage, Wi to the north? If it does than we are sisiter/sister Cities. Have a great retirement.
    Fireball