Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Myron Mixon BBQ class

Options
2»

Comments

• Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Isn't Franklin's brisket class $250? I'd probably pay $275 for Mixon's class. He is the winningest person in BBQ competition cooking. I would not pay $700. 
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447
    Options
    perception is bigger than reality...can't change your mind once it's set...don't care if it's cars, booze, or women....enough said

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

• steel_egg
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    Isn't Franklin's brisket class $250? I'd probably pay $275 for Mixon's class. He is the winningest person in BBQ competition cooking. I would not pay $700. 
    I'm not certain but I think it's at least 2 full days. $350/ day and you get to eat some serious Q and drink beers with some new friends. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    I'm not sure I'd pay $275 to see him for a weekend, but how much do so many pay to watch two goons beat on each other, sometimes for less than two minutes (I don't think you get 'que to nibble, either)?
    I do, however, own his first book and have read it (twice!).  Very highly recommended.  I've never met him nor even seen him on TV, but his arrogance comes through even in his book.  I'm okay with that, he has the hardware to back it up.  What does surprise me is the comment above that he swore he could taste lighter fluid in a contestant's entry; he states emphatically in his book that as long as you follow the directions on the can, the fluid is completely burnt off and you can't taste it (and, sure, a contestant could fail to do that).  I also remember playing with the chemistry equations of lighter fluid here on this forum about 3 years ago, and there are NO remaining compounds besides H2O, N2 and CO2.  

I have paid $275 and more for weekend courses in AutoCAD, photography and Ultimate Marathon Sex, but they were in the air-conditioning (notably, no 'que to nibble on there either).   =)

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    I've dropped $500 a seat to watch the Steelers play. A couple hundred for great concerts. If a guy wants to spend some money to go to a BBQ class, so be it. Still cheaper than taking golf lessons. 

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    I've dropped $500 a seat to watch the Steelers play. A couple hundred for great concerts. If a guy wants to spend some money to go to a BBQ class, so be it. Still cheaper than taking golf lessons. 

probably less frustrating, too