Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Cooking tea. Peppers, aubergine, steak (mine's not on till the end) and sausage. Some toms from the greenhouse on shortly.

Living mighty large over there.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Focker said:
    Ready for service.

Wow! Nice. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Focker said:
    Ready for service.

Nice flock of #3's!

How many coats of flaxseed oil did you put on them? :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Prepping for Irma.  Cleaning out my gutters until the ladder goes out from under me.  I did some moves on the way down that would make the Nature Boy proud.  Now I have a few protrusions that weren't there before and will probably be there for a while.  I don't think anythings broken but I'll keep an eye out that I'm not pissin' blood tonight.  Good times!   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Stay safe @thetrim
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,089
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Prepping for Irma.  Cleaning out my gutters until the ladder goes out from under me.  I did some moves on the way down that would make the Nature Boy proud.  Now I have a few protrusions that weren't there before and will probably be there for a while.  I don't think anythings broken but I'll keep an eye out that I'm not pissin' blood tonight.  Good times!   
    Sorry! Stay safe, homes can be rebuilt, you can't,  at least not for less than $6 million.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Focker said:
    Ready for service.

Wow! Nice. 
    Thanks buddy.  They've been sitting in the lye bath since Spring.  Now I need to find some more.  ;)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Focker
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Focker said:
    Ready for service.

Nice flock of #3's!

How many coats of flaxseed oil did you put on them? :)
    Lmfao.
    Sheryl Canter is my girl.  =)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Betty ate up a big bag of K easily.  Hickory, 225.  Sprinkled a lil' Tajin before pluggin' in for the night.

FB 200 auto pilot engaged.  Let the EW floweth.

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options

Searing in the mini finish indirect on the max

Seattle, WA
  • bgebrent
    Options
    SkinnyV said:

Searing in the mini finish indirect on the max

Nice chunk o beef brother. 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @Focker Nice CI! Have you ever used electrolysis to clean your rusty finds?
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Made some lunch for tomorrow. Sous vide at 131 for an hour and 15 then onto the blackstone. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Lit said:
    Made some lunch for tomorrow. Sous vide at 131 for an hour and 15 then onto the blackstone. 
    That looks decent. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Lit said:
    Is that spam?  What temp on the BS?  Looks good. 
  • Focker
    edited September 2017
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Thank you, my friend.
    I should have probably set up an electrolysis tank some time ago, but haven't moved on from the lye bath and Barkeeper's Friend scrub method.  If my lye sources dry up, I will.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Focker said:
    SciAggie said:
    Thank you, my friend.
    I should have probably set up an electrolysis tank some time ago, but haven't moved on from the lye bath and Barkeeper's Friend scrub method.  

I second the electrolysis, I think you'll be pleased if you try it.

Phoenix 
  • Focker
    Options
    blasting said:
    Focker said:
    SciAggie said:
    Thank you, my friend.
    I should have probably set up an electrolysis tank some time ago, but haven't moved on from the lye bath and Barkeeper's Friend scrub method.  

I second the electrolysis, I think you'll be pleased if you try it.

Thanks bud, I hear ya.
    The lye bath stays in the garage.  I stiffen up the concentration as needed for the really bad pieces.  All of my finds have mostly been junked up carbon crud.   The stage III or IV rust pieces I don't take home to treat.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Why is it so hard to remember that when my wife asks mys opinion she is not really interested in my opinion?

And when I provide my opinion it only gets me in trouble.

Women; can't live with them, pass the beer nuts.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    After working 7 days a week, 12+ hours a day/night, I finally got a break. Worked out perfect to attend the York Rite Fall Festival (Capitular Degrees).

It's the first time in over 3 months that I done anything other than work. It was a welcomed break.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Don't worry @ Acn  It only lasts 25 years.  No, that's my shingles - I guess your screwed.
    Phoenix 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,089
    Options
    When in Rome ...

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    When in Rome ...

Sex shop? ;)
    Options
    I wish I could write like that. Excellent piece. Thank you for sharing.

I met Mike Leach at UK several years ago when he was an assistant coach. I thought, then, he was a genius. I had no idea of his future path, but I knew it would not be at UK, for very long. I thought, then, he was a little different than most football coaches, I have ever been around, but much too brilliant to be an OC at UK.

At that time, it was a job for the desperate to either remain in coaching, or for those just starting out. There was no glamour to be had during those years associated with coaching at UK. Mike Leach moved on, obviously, to better oportunities, and rose very quickly, to become a successful head coach.

If Leach thinks this guy is a genius, then I truly believe Oklahoma is going to dominate, in the years ahead.

One has to contemplate, if he is jndeed successful as a college coach, will it provide him that once elusive path, to the NFL? Is that desire to win Super Bowls still there? 

It will be interesting to see.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Focker
    Options
    Crockpit shot.

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Mixed together from the fridge one 12 oz bottle of Mexican Coke and half a bottle of Cholula Limon 2.5 oz for each butt, after a brief moment in the chop box.  Will use this tonight for the game, most likely nachos.

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Focker said:
    If my lye sources dry up, I will.
    Wait, wat?!?  Are they looking at taking lye off the market?  How do we continue making lutefisk?!?!

(I keed, I keed;  I hate lutefisk)  :tongue:

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month