Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

need demo advice

Options
Jason
Jason Posts: 45
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm putting on a demo in a couple of days and I need some quick and tasty recipies. I need some ideas for things like chicken and chops or anything i can cut up and put on a toothpick for customers. thanks jason

Comments

• Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    jason,
    Think about trying the Ginger Lime Chicken from the Dizzy Pig site. Those things are great!

[ul][li]Chicken[/ul]
    Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • Buzzy
    Buzzy Posts: 29
    Options
    jason,
    ABT's are always a big hit but they require some work. Chicken wings are also a favorite and are fairly easy to do. We also cook kebasa and that slices easily and doesn't take too long to smoke. NatureBoy did some fantastic homemade sausage at Eggtoberfest last year that would sell any one on the BGE. He might tell you the recipe.
    Good luck
    Kent

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    jason,
    who's buying the food?[p]nothing cooler than if you got the sucker up to 800 and Trex'd some steaks, flopped them on a cutting board, and cut them up...[p]

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • rex clingan
    Options
    1. flatten some chicken breast and rub with sate marinade: fish sauce, palm sugar, cumin, coriander, curry, garlic, and sriracha hot sauce. good with or without peanut sauce, doesn't require the skewers to work.[p]2. Get unseasoned bulk pork sausage and season for one of Bruce Aidell's portuguese recipes, linguisha or chourico. Make 6"x6"x1" crepinettes, smoke with some cherry or pecan.
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Buzzy,
    Here is how he made it.[p]Per pound of ground pork:
    2 tbsp Raging River
    1/4 cup maple syrup (or maple sugar)[p]He used rib trimmings and ground them. I've done this with ground pork from the store and boneless boston butts that I've ground myself. The home ground is coarser and I like the texture better for sausage.[p]Dennis

• Big Hoser
    Options
    jason,[p]Try Chris' (Nature Boy) "Ginger Lime Chicken Skewers". I made these again last weekend and they were a big hit ( I ran out of Tsunami Spin, so I dusted 2 skewers with Raging River and 1 with Jamaican Firewalk). I would also try some steak (not T-Rexed, just crank up the Egg to 700 and then cut up the rubbed steak into bite size chunks with toothpicks). Beer Can Chicken is another good option and you might try some of the other recipes on Dizzy Pig's or this website. Have fun.

[ul][li]Ginger Lime Chicken Skewers[/ul]
  • jason, I DID A DEMO FOR OUR STORE LAST WEEK WHAT A SUCCES DID PULLED PORK THE NIGHT BEFORE ON MY EGG AT HOME WITH A COUPLE SLABS OF BABY BACKS SO WE WOULD HAVE FOOD FOR TASTING. DID CHICKEN WINGS, BRATS. WHEN DONE WENT INTO NESCO ROASTER TO KEEP WARM THEN PUT ON PORK LOIN RAOST SLICED THAT UP FOR SAMPLES ENDED THE DAY WITH A WHOLE CHICKEN. KEY TO A DEMO IS TO SAMPLE BY THE WAY SOLD 3 LG EGGS THAT DAY WITH ASSC. AND A COUPLE ON THE LINE FOR ONE
    GOOD LUCK GARY