Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm cheating on you guys...just ordered this.....

Options
Least it is Green 
BGE L, Minimax, iGrill 2, Kick Ash Basket, CGS AR,  various and sundry overpriced accessories...

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    Options
    Nice!

"And I even like the color".
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Beautiful, love me a Weber
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • HeavyG
    Options
    I've always wondered why Weber doesn't offer the 26"-er in the Performer Series.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited September 2017
    Options

@eightyfive  Great grill right there - at one point I had a black one and green one on the patio.  Enjoy.  If I may be so bold, I'd suggest a slow and seer - this takes a weber to another level.

@HeavyG  I think that table would be huge to be in proportion.  I have a 26.75 and it's one of my favorite cookers.

Edit to add link:
    https://abcbarbecue.com/product/slow-n-sear-plus/

Phoenix 
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    My oldest son picked one up on the curb, after a neighbour had a nasty seperation spat. He calls it the Bentley of grills. His new found toy is in Model T black.  
    Great looking unit, enjoy. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • mEGG_My_Day
    Options
    I had an early version of that Weber, circa 1990, with the one touch starter and stainless work surface.  It was a great grill - used it often for 15 years and gave it to a friend.  Wish I still had it.  Great grill!!  
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • fruitguy
    Options
    So cool, gave our kettle to our younger neighbors

now they have the itch for charcoal 
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    This photo was taken the day my Egg was delivered. Gave away the kettle and kept the gasser. Should have been the other way around...

LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,045
    Options
    Love performers.  Nice choice right there.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited September 2017
    Options
    XC242 said:
    This photo was taken the day my Egg was delivered. Gave away the kettle and kept the gasser. Should have been the other way around...

No, you should have kept all three......they all have a niche they excell at...
    @blasting - agree on the slow and sear. Saw one at a competition on a "family" used kettle. Very impressive. Now if i could get one north of the 49th for under $200.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    That redhead kettle was worth some dough. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I have three cookers, 2 eggs and a very well used Webber. I have kept the Webber, too many fab cooks left in the old girl.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    My oldest son picked one up on the curb, after a neighbour had a nasty seperation spat. He calls it the Bentley of grills. His new found toy is in Model T black.  
    Great looking unit, enjoy. 
    Did the same when a neighbor curbed his instead of taking it for the move. Looks brand new except for a bit of rust on the handle weld.
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    Excellent pick, that is an awesome grill. 

I have a older stainless table green performer that I keep at my moms house, and a green OTG kettle at work. I like the matching colors, but I really like the red ones too. I think a stainless kettle would be awesome too,  but the cost would be crazy. 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Nice grill. Every so often, I think about getting a new kettle, also green, but just the Original Premium model. After nearly 30 years of constant exposure to the elements, my old one's finally starting to deteriorate. So far, I have successfully resisted. =)

As for the slow-n-sear gadget mentioned, I guess I don't see what that buys you. In a kettle, it's easy just to shove the coals to one side, or use these charcoal rails for 8 bucks. If you want the water tray, buy a stainless dog bowl.

Speaking of stainless, a few years ago (2013), I bought a 22.5" Stainless Steel hinged cooking grate direct from Weber. Identical to the stock grate except in SS. Paid $30 plus shipping. Very nice and no more rust! Curious, I just called Weber as I couldn't find it on their website (still can't, even with the p/n). It is still available, but the price has more than doubled!! If anyone's interested...

p/n 80728
    $65.83
    $7 shipping
    Weber: 800-446-1071

The only reason I know when I bought and how much I paid is because Weber recognized my caller ID and told me when and how much. Anyway, I'm glad I bought when I did!

Enjoy your new toy!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    I have that same Weber (same color too)  grill it's a superb companion of my XL egg
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Very nice. I found one at a garage sale for practically nothing and gave it to a friend. He put about $80-$100 into it for a new propane starter and grid and it was good as new. He got one of these grids with the hole for different inserts and the sear rack. Works great for making pretty steaks. 

With the baskets you can use the outside area for an indirect cook for a forward or reverse sear. 
    Found a vid here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDT-qN0almI

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• DynaGlide
    Options
    I thought about selling my OTG but i use it for rotisserie duty. It excels at that. For that reason alone I'll be keeping it. The slow n sear is fantastic. 10hr cooks are easily achievable. Beats the baskets and the snake method by a long shot.
    2006 Blue Weber Performer Slow n' Sear and Rotisserie; LG BGE w/ AR R&B -- Alexandria, VA

• XC242
    Options
    Really @pgprescott? I gave to the guys at our warehouse to use for lunches at work. I could probably take it back. It's in a bit rougher shape but I'll bet it would clean up pretty well. 
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
  • pgprescott
    Options
    XC242 said:
    Really @pgprescott? I gave to the guys at our warehouse to use for lunches at work. I could probably take it back. It's in a bit rougher shape but I'll bet it would clean up pretty well. 
    I don't know how much, but there are serious collectors of kettles. Yours was a redhead which is no longer available and had wooden handles. I think it's one of the most desirable kettles for those who collect. Kinda like the egg chiminea.  
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Any kettle in a no longer produced color seems to have a following.  I love my kettles, but I'll leave the collecting to others.   I sold a lime green one, and the proceeds almost paid for my 26.75.

Phoenix 
  • HeavyG
    Options
    XC242 said:
    The Weber Kettle Club website is a fun place if one is really into kettles.

They have an ongoing thread about the "redheads". You might be able to glean from that thread what particular value yours might have - http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/redhead-appretiation-society/

• XC242
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    XC242 said:
    The Weber Kettle Club website is a fun place if one is really into kettles.

They have an ongoing thread about the "redheads". You might be able to glean from that thread what particular value yours might have - http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/redhead-appretiation-society/
    Holy cow, I gotta go get that thing back. Thanks for the info guys!
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited September 2017
    Options
    DynaGlide said:
    I thought about selling my OTG but i use it for rotisserie duty. It excels at that. For that reason alone I'll be keeping it. The slow n sear is fantastic. 10hr cooks are easily achievable. Beats the baskets and the snake method by a long shot.
    I have an early 2000s estate sale otg for cajun bandit spit duty for $30.  Did the broomstick mod to beef up the legs.  A green otg for grilling duties.  Kettle(s) will always be in my lineup.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Markarm4119
    Options
    Gave my Weber Kettle, smokinator and all to my son in law when I got myLBGE,wished I had given him the gassed instead !
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • eightyfive
    Options
    Arriving tomorrow.  Can't wait to play with it.  
    BGE L, Minimax, iGrill 2, Kick Ash Basket, CGS AR,  various and sundry overpriced accessories...
  • I'm on my second Performer (lost the first stainless steel worktop one in a move).  This one's nine years old and the kettle was rusting though.  I called up Weber and they sent a new kettle for free.  I'll never part with thins thing.  

The two best things you can do with a Performer, IMHO, is hook up a regular propane tank to it.  My first one had a small propane tank that lasted a few months.  But the newer ones have the disposable small tanks.  I'd go through those in a couple of weeks.  So I modded it to use a regular tank.

The other thing you NEED is the rotisserie attachment.  Best turkey you'll ever have as well and a bunch of other great things you can do.  

Enjoy!
  • pgprescott
    Options
    I'm on my second Performer (lost the first stainless steel worktop one in a move).  This one's nine years old and the kettle was rusting though.  I called up Weber and they sent a new kettle for free.  I'll never part with thins thing.  

The two best things you can do with a Performer, IMHO, is hook up a regular propane tank to it.  My first one had a small propane tank that lasted a few months.  But the newer ones have the disposable small tanks.  I'd go through those in a couple of weeks.  So I modded it to use a regular tank.

The other thing you NEED is the rotisserie attachment.  Best turkey you'll ever have as well and a bunch of other great things you can do.  

Enjoy!
    Slow and sear is also a great add on. 
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options
    I'm on my second 22" kettle in 32 years. I love my egg, but the Weber kettle is the best value out there for an all purpose charcoal grille. It makes a great companion to my LBGE. 
    Michiana, South of the border.