Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Costco NY strips $6.99 a lb

Options
Lit
Lit Posts: 9,053
Just got this email looks like the deal is good for a couple days.

Comments

• fruitguy
    fruitguy Posts: 303
    Options
    How long ago did you get the email?

I checked and nada. 

Maybe be it is a regional thing 
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Our Costco has them all the time. We buy multiple packs and freeze them. Friday is Steak Night at Casa Teefus.
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • Lit
    Options
    fruitguy said:
    How long ago did you get the email?

I checked and nada. 

Maybe be it is a regional thing 
    Just got it at 2 eastern. Says it's good from 8/31 to 9/3. Who knows it may be regional.
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I grilled a couple of Costco prime NY strips last night - my first purchase from Costco.  Gotta say, they were outstanding!  $16.99
    Same sale in Maryland, but only through 9/3.

Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Thank you. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Lit
    edited September 2017
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Thank you. 
    No problem. They had them at the Cumming Costco for $6.99 a lb and they had 10-15 prime briskets out at $3.49 each.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Can you get a whole loin of NY Strip for $6.99/lb.? I'm not a member but I do have a giftcard to use there. Interested for dry aging 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    In Bellingham WA last week, NY strips were $7.99, the whole cryo primal was $6.29. Much depends on the local market I think. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • fruitguy
    Options
    I grilled a couple of Costco prime NY strips last night - my first purchase from Costco.  Gotta say, they were outstanding!  $16.99
    Same sale in Maryland, but only through 9/3.

That is just plain beautiful 
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Can you get a whole loin of NY Strip for $6.99/lb.? I'm not a member but I do have a giftcard to use there. Interested for dry aging 

Be aware they blade tenderize everything that is not in cryovac. Not sure that would be good for aging. 
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Thank you for the heads up. VERY disappointed in the newer Costco's meat department in Louisville, (not too fat from my home), due to the LACK availability of Prime.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Thank you for the heads up. VERY disappointed in the newer Costco's meat department in Louisville, (not too fat from my home), due to the LACK availability of Prime.
    It will likely happen. Just drop a comment in the comment box.