Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

"Country Ribs" suitable for pulled pork?

Options
gdenby
gdenby Posts: 6,239
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
While I've promised myself to do a full Boston Butt before Indian summer is over, I want to try some homemade sauce recipes, and I think pulled pork would be ideal for them. I've read that so-called country ribs are actually cut from the butt. Does any one know if the are big enough/ fat enough to not dry out with a low but not to slow? Say 5 hours indirect for a couple pounds?[p]gdenby

Comments

• Lab Rat
    Lab Rat Posts: 147
    Options
    gdenby,[p]"Country Style Ribs" can be from one of several cuts of pork. Typically I've seen them made from sliced pork loin (with or without bone attached)and sliced pork butt. The sliced pork butt is fattier and does better with a longer cook. The pork loin "ribs" are a lot leaner and dry out faster. The sliced pork butt pieces will cook a lot faster than a butt roast and will be done in an hour or so at 350.
  • Bigfoot
    Bigfoot Posts: 154
    Options
    gdenby,
    The kind SAfeway sells around here will not make good pulled pork, the are more chop or roast like