Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

How many pork butts?

How many 8 to 9 pound butts can one cook on the grid of the XL?[p]Thanks, Lebraps

·

Comments

• Lebraps,[p] I had six on mine at one time, but removed one just because.
    ·
  • BYCBYC Posts: 358
    Celtic Wolf,[p]Yup I agree with L....Most I have been able to fit and have adequate circulation is 5. This is with no stacking which I am not big on.

·
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    DSC00030.JPG
    <p />Lebraps,
    This is more than 30# I honestly think I could have gotten 3 if not 4 more on there without stacking...[p]Wess

·
  • BYCBYC Posts: 358
    WessB,[p]4 MORE for a total of 8? That's a lot of butt under one XL dome. Much like L I started with 6 ...might have even been 7... on the XL and grew concerned that the end result would be more of a steamed product and thus no bark. I wound up cranking up another cooker and dividing the bounty. Glad I did.[p]Again this begs the question.....where's the JUMBO BGE?[p]

·
  • jimmyjimmy Posts: 34
    I have put two 17 lb bonless butts on my xl with no problem.......and it will run for 24 hours with no problem
    ·
  • BYC,[p] It was me that had 6 on my XL :)[p] JUMBO The XL weighs 200 pounds. How much would a Jumbo weigh?
    ·