Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jack Daniels Sauce

Options
Tanker Tim
Tanker Tim Posts: 68
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Howdy Q fans, [p]I just returned from a trip and got to eat at a TGIF Friday's
in Cardif Wales, they had a little Jack Daniels section on the menu
that included steak, shrimp, chicken wings, etc. etc.
Does anyone have any idea how to make this sauce? I'm sure it wouldn't take much to figure it out, it was similar to Teriyaki but it was not quite as sweet.[p]I'm doing a shoulder right this moment and after 14 hours internal is up to 158 (but dome temp dropped to 180 during the night) getting ready to do up some slaw and egg beans[p]
The Bitburger, Grolsch, and Warsteiner are iced down and ready, now if the Gale force winds would let down so I can get my pork out of the egg with out stirring up all the ash I'd be set.[p][p]Life is good (whilst I still have lump)[p]
Cheers,[p]
TT

Comments

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Options
    Tanker Tim,[p]I just ran up on this the other day in a news group and it was claimed to be a copy cat of TGIF. I have not tried it yet so you are on your own with this one.[p]Jack Daniels Grill Sauce[p]1 head garlic
    1 Tbsp olive oil
    2/3 cups water
    1 cup pineapple juice
    1/4 cup Kikoman teriyaki sauce
    1 Tbsp soy sauce
    1 1/3 cups dark brown sugar
    3 Tbsp lemon juice
    3 Tbsp minced white onion
    1 Tbsp Jack Daniels Whiskey
    1 Tbsp crushed pineapple
    1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper[p]Cut about 1/2 inch fro top of garlic. Cut the roots so that the garlic will sit
    flat. Remove the papery skin from the garlic, but leave enough so that the
    cloves stay together. Put the garlic into a small casserole dish or baking pan,
    drizzle olive oil over it and cover with a lid or foil. Bake in a preheated
    oven 325: for 1 hour. Remove garlic and let it cool until you can handle it.
    Combine water, pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce and brown sugar in a
    medium saucepan over medium/high heat. Stir occasionally until mixture comes to
    a boil then reduce the heat until the mixture is just simmering. Add remaining
    ingredients to pan and stir. Squeeze the sides of the garlic until the pasty
    roasted garlic is squeezed out. Measure 2 tsp. into the saucepan and whisk to
    combine. Let mixture simmer 35-40 minutes or until sauce has reduced by about
    1/2 and is thick any syrupy. Make sure it doesn't boil over. Makes 1 cup Jan[p]

• Tanker Tim
    Options
    Bob,[p]After watching my wife make sauces, I think what you posted
    could be what I'm looking for. The taste of Teriyaki was
    very subtle and the sauce was great on breaded shrimp.[p]I'll give it a try and let you know how it turns out.[p]Thanks[p]TT