Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

small greenegg

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have the small green egg, I want to upgrade to the large, is there a market for slightly used eggs?

Comments

• Flashback Bob
    Options
    LD,
    Yes.
    Where do you live, what's included in the deal, asking price, etc.?

• Bigfoot
    Bigfoot Posts: 154
    Options
    Flashback Bob,
    If you are in the MD area I will take it :)

• I am in Ridgeland,ms, but I live in Nashville, tn, so I could have it in either place, I have the small egg, with the nest, I don't really know what price, I want to purchase the next size up.
  • Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    Bigfoot,[p]Not necessarily relevant but Maryland is a long state from one end to the other. Would you really drive from OC to Cumberland for a small egg? [maybe you better not answer that question! <grin>]
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    LD,
    I'd suggest you keep it and wait/save a bit more and get the large as a second. The large/small combo will serve just about all your cooking needs.

• Sandbagger
    Options
    Flashback Bob, keeping up with Stike?.......LOL

• That's probably the best idea i've heard, thanks
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    dhuffjr,
    I second that.
    Had the large already, bought the small for cooking sides, etc.[p]found out that I can get by 90% with the small. I use the large for bigger cooks now, but the small has become my go-to egg of choice.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Flashback Bob,
    your wife still hasn't gotten used to the idea of a $700 grill. you think she'll say "oh, $350? well, that's not bad by comparison!"

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Celtic Wolf
    Options
    LD,[p] Are you near North Carolina.. Yes it's a long state, and yes I would come get it..[p] If you are near Buffalo, NY and can wait till Nov 5th I'll still take it..
  • Flashback Bob
    Options
    stike,
    Look, it was only $626 (at least that's what I told her) and she didn't ask about the plate setter and pizza stone.[p]While I don't "need" a small just yet, I can still keep my ear to the ground for deals. [p]If there is one thing my lovely, taste-challenged wife believes - it's that you can't afford to let a bargain go by. Our attic is crammed with holiday decorations from the day-after sales from Halloween to the fourth of July.[p]For once I could use the "I couldn't afford NOT to buy it" argument on her! [p]btw-I overcooked the ribs (My bad) but the maple sticks definitely added a nice flavor. Wife didn't like it - was heard looking for something "to get this taste out of my mouth". Girls were split- little one chowed, bigger one thought they were OK- prefers falling off the bone and less smoke.
    I've still got my work cut out for me!

• ChuckGGa
    Options
    LD,
    Where are you located?

8 Green Eggs...I have a problem, ha ha!   1-XL; 2-L, 2-Med; 2-Sm; 1-Mini.       

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    LD,
    I'm with the folks that say keep it. While I love all my eggs very much, I think I love the small the most. Extremely versatile cooker, and it is great for throwing in the back and taking on a trip as well.[p]I do think you will feel much happier, and maybe all-powerful, if you keep it.[p]Just a thought. Beers toya!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • TheHulk
    TheHulk Posts: 157
    Options
    LD,[p]I agree with Nature Boy. Keep it and get another to accompany. I am a couple miles from you in Madison if you really want to get rid of it. Shoot me an email when you decide a price.[p]
  • Bigfoot
    Bigfoot Posts: 154
    Options
    Haggis,
    With a smile on my face the WHOLE way![p]I live right in the middle of the state, I only need 4 hours notice and I cna meet anywhere in MD![p]Ok I MAY have a problem....