Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flapjack Fun

Options
My wife and I had a group of dear friends over for dinner last night. We had tomahawk ribeyes, creamed corn with roasted green chilies, oven roasted potatoes, and chimichurri sauce. Washed it all down with several bottles of wine. Bad news for you is we decided to make it a device free evening.
I did sneak a pic of roasting corn. I robbed coals from the wfo. 

Then grilled corn. Easy peasy. 

BUT
I decided to play with my hearth and make pancakes this morning. I still had live coals in the oven so I put them in the hearth. I added just a bit of kindling to wake them up and heat my plate steel I use as a griddle. (The steel is about the size of the small blackstone) Then I made pancakes...
Ok, so I recognize this is really nothing special - but it's pretty fun. I get the fun from camping but I get to sleep under AC at night. Win-win. 

Coleman, Texas
Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
"Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                      YukonRon

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    That's awesome. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Looks like fun brother, but, where's the bacon?? ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Another for the win-most eggcellent.  Well-played.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Wood fired flapjacks!  Very nice!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    @SciAggie If you ever get bored, I would love a series of photos that shows how you use your new oven.  What fuel do you use, how do you light it, how do you get the food in and out.  Is the hearth part of the oven or something different?  I am sure I could youtube all of this...  Thank you for continuing to share your cooks! 
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    Just love your devices!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    Amazing! 
    Everything looks good!
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    You are quite the machine Aggie. Always pushing the boundaries. 
    Snellville, GA

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @Eggdicted_Dawgfan Thanks. I laugh and tell my wife that I've spent a pile of money in order to abandon modern convenience and return to labor intensive methods of cooking. I can enjoy cooking the way folks did hundreds of years ago. Those spirits are shaking their ghostly heads in wonder.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    You. Are. My. Hero. 
    I want to be you, and my wallet is afraid I just might try. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Totally Bada$$. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SoCal_Griller
    Options
    Now that's what I call style!  Next: a pit?
    Simi Valley, California
    LBGE, PBC, Annova, SMOBot
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Your having way to much fun!! Nice and creative cook. 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Way to multi-task a fire! Very creative.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    I want to become your dear friend!!  Great cook!!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    @SciAggie  Thank you!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Egghead_Ty
    Options
    What a sanctuary!