Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Egg is under attack!

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Help! The inside of my Egg is covered in mildue and black mold. I have tried to burn it out. I have sprayed it down with bleach and still it returns! Has anyone ever had this problem?

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Stephanie,
    don't put stuff like bleach in your egg. ...the mildew is a simple result of lack of use of your egg and humid weather. . .two simple ways to take care of the problem[p]1. use your egg more often :-)[p]2. when there is mold in there, simply fire up your egg to 400 - 500 degrees . . .it will all be gone in a few minutes. . . [p]

• tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    Stephanie, If your not going to use the Egg for a while, it's best to clean it out, kinda like an old refridgerator.

• Stephanie, A method I use for keeping my egg clean is Pizza. Every third or fourth cook is pizza. I get the egg up to about 600. I get 3 nice crispy pizzas and a well as a well cleaned inside. If I have a somewhat greasy grill I put the place setter on top of the grill just above the charcoal. After cooking the 3 pizza the egg has been between 550 and 600 for over a half hour it is clean. Fearless Flatlander