Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ribs revisited

Options
Orio Kid
Orio Kid Posts: 87
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Spareribs have been on for 3 hours now, dome temp is staying steady at 250*. I have not peeked since I put them on. 30 minutes to go.
Jake

Comments

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Orio Kid,[p]Sounds good. Let us know how they turn out. I used to do all of my ribs direct. Now I flipflop between direct and a very simple indirect setup of ribs in a rack over a cheapo aluminum pan. As for seasonings, I usually go for simple BBQ rubs plus sauce for the last 20 minutes or so (not peaking until I apply the sauce before the last 20 minutes). Often, I'll have ribs with no seasonings at all (I think JJ's said he does them this way often. Smokin' Todd likes doing one rack with seasonings and one without to compare). My take is that cooking them well (ie - to your individual liking) is far more important than seasonings. To me, a well cooked meal can stand on its own without seasonings. In addition, good seasonings enhance a well cooked meal. On the hand, even if you use the best seasonings in the world, over or undercooked ribs just aren't that good.[p]Just my humble opinion,
    Cornfed

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Orio Kid, After a hard day of dealing with people. I'm up to that race now. Hope ribs turn out great just picked up 2 slabs for myself and friends this Sunday.[p]CWM
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Orio Kid, Done you lose.[p]CWM