Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another Turkey Question...

Options
NCque
NCque Posts: 76
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any turkeys out there ever cook a turkey on a medium egg? the problem i'm finding with the medium is that the v-rack and plate setter cannot be used at the same time as the egg will not close. will the verticle roaster fit? also, how big a bird would i be able to cook?
travis

Comments

• Sandbagger
    Options
    NCque, email me, I can help you with a set up. You going to Eggtoberfest. T

• NCque
    NCque Posts: 76
    Options
    Sandbagger,
    check your email. thanks again for the help. not making it to eggtoberfest this year as i have 6wk old twin girls at home and a company picnic in maryland to attend. looking forward to it next year though.

• Buzzy
    Buzzy Posts: 29
    Options
    NCque,
    If you are using a Platesetter you really don't need a v-rack. Just put a disposable aluminum pan under the grill on top of the up-side down plate setter to gather the juices. Elevate the pan with the little green feet that came with your egg to keep the juices from burning away since the bottom of the plate setter is directly over the fire. Also watch that your thermometer doesn't stick into the bird or you will really be confused by your "Dome" temps.
    Good cooking. [p]Kent