Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Small pork loin roasts

Options
uncbbq
uncbbq Posts: 165
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I bought a whole pork loin a while ago and sliced it into small roasts and large chops. I have two roasts at 1 1/2 lb. and one at 2 lb. Small. I am going to cook all three this afternoon. Are these so small as to be treated as simply very large chops? Will they likely be dry, so as to need bacon wrapping?
I was planning a TRex-style sear/roast at 700/350 until 140 internal temp. I would appreciate any ideas about how to make these better. Two of them are going to friends in need.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    uncbbq,
    in response to the same question a couple nights ago I had responded:
    Recently I have egged small 1 pound pork loins in a simple way - but have produced terrific results. Rather than tell you my choice of rubs and sauce I recommend you use your preference. What I did was to wet real well with Worchestire and then rub with my favorite RIB rub, sprinkle on some kosher salt and then smear on a thin layer of yellow mustard. Smoke indirect at 300 dome and using a Polder type pull off grill at 143 internal. I then sliced thin and served drizzled with my favorite RIB sauce. It really works for us! [p]

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • uncbbq
    Options
    RRP,
    That's what I'm looking for. About how long did it take? Can I finish by tonight's dinner?
    Thanks a million.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    uncbbq,
    those are a quick cook of under an hour! Key though is the internal temp - I've had them hit 143 in 30 minutes before though 45 to 50 is more normal. Like I was trying to say, by using the same rub and sauce that you do for ribs the pork will taste like you're just eating meaty rib meat!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • uncbbq
    Options
    RRP,
    Thanks! I'll let you know how it turns out.