Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

2 10 lb brisket help

BBQInMilwaukeeBBQInMilwaukee Posts: 30
edited 8:30PM in EggHead Forum
Ok, I got two 10 lb full/packer briskets trimmed and rubbed down with a 50/50 raising the steaks and raw sugar mix. The plan is to have this finished at 8:00am tomorrow in my LBGE so I can transport it to my employer for lunch at 11:00am.[p]I'm sure I can keep them warm enough in a cooler but my concern is cooking time. How long does everyone think two 10 pounders are going to take? I'm planning on cooking at 230 grid temp.[p]Any other recommendations?
Should I inject the briskets and if so what's some of your favorite injections?[p]Thank you in advance,
BBQInMilwaukee.

Comments

• MarvinMarvin Posts: 515
    BBQInMilwaukee,
    We usually figure 2 hours per lb. That makes it 20 hours, not 40. However, everyone here has heard of "turbo" briskets taking half that time. Good luck.

• Marvin,
    I got the briskets stuffed in the egg around 12:45.
    Wish me luck.