Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

2 10 lb brisket help

BBQInMilwaukeeBBQInMilwaukee Posts: 30
edited 12:06AM in EggHead Forum
Ok, I got two 10 lb full/packer briskets trimmed and rubbed down with a 50/50 raising the steaks and raw sugar mix. The plan is to have this finished at 8:00am tomorrow in my LBGE so I can transport it to my employer for lunch at 11:00am.[p]I'm sure I can keep them warm enough in a cooler but my concern is cooking time. How long does everyone think two 10 pounders are going to take? I'm planning on cooking at 230 grid temp.[p]Any other recommendations?
Should I inject the briskets and if so what's some of your favorite injections?[p]Thank you in advance,

• MarvinMarvin Posts: 515
    We usually figure 2 hours per lb. That makes it 20 hours, not 40. However, everyone here has heard of "turbo" briskets taking half that time. Good luck.

• Marvin,
    I got the briskets stuffed in the egg around 12:45.
    Wish me luck.