Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options
    Waiting for a meeting to start that I do not want to attend....oh wait, I am running it.  Damn.
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,835
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    My neighbor, an Army brother across the street, came to my home today, with a paper bag, containing 3 racks of BBs, and a package of spares. He told me this was a thank you of sorts, for the times we have cooked and extra slab and gave to he and his lovely wife, also an Army vet. 
    He gave me implicit instructions on the spares, for the next time I cook, to make them for him.
    His favorite meal is ribs off the BGE.
    I told him I would cook them for him.
    Never had that happen before. Kind of cool.
    That's not "Kind of cool." 

That's VERY COOL.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Focker said:
    Picked up some white gutter screws at Mynards for a buck.  Another brewery tracked and hunted, and on the wall.

@focker   Nice kitchen.  Is that a BOSCH 5 burner 30" cooktop, NGM8055UC?  How do you like it?  I just ordered one of those.

Thanks.
    I've been really happy with the 30".  Ended up going with a higher powered 30" range vs a 36"/36" combo to get more tile for the deco.  The hood sucks pepper from the Unicorn Magnum on high. 

The 3 grate combo and burner configurations are nice.  The middle burner will get water boiling quickly, which is cool.  And you can slide pots and pans around as needed since they're integrated.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    The eclipse is just an astromical phenomenon created by the big eclipse companies trying to sell their glasses 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    buzzvol said:
    Waiting for a meeting to start that I do not want to attend....oh wait, I am running it.  Damn.
    Those are the worst kind.   :s

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Watching my home team girls softball in the Little League World Series.  3 years in a row making to the championship game.  GO NC!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    yep
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I thought the eclipse was caused by Hillary skydiving.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bgebrent
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I thought the eclipse was caused by Hillary skydiving.  
    Hilliary doesn't sky dive.  She nose dives.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I'm awaiting my DM from Ron.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bgebrent
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I'm awaiting my DM from Ron.  
    @RRP has your DM my friend.
  • Focker
    Options
    Watching Brothers Osborne slay it on CMA Fest.  Garth tore it up as per usual.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• bgebrent
    Options
    Focker said:
    must be nice not to work tomorrow.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Cooked some dinner. Tri-tip and veggies.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Focker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Focker said:
    must be nice not to work tomorrow.
    My 2 week play time run ended today.  It was a doozy, helped a pulmonologist intubate at the bedside on one, threw in an NG on another, IV, and all kinds of other fun staffing stuff.
    Gotta work again tomorrow, then off 3, work 1, off 3.  12s are rough. Hahahaha

Shutting it down after this show.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Sitting up drinking with my nephew. I just asked him something and he didn't answer. I think he might have "fell asleep".
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    DMW said:
    Sitting up drinking with my nephew. I just asked him something and he didn't answer. I think he might have "fell asleep".
    Dwayne, please don't use a Sharpie....a dry erase marker comes off much easier.  Better you than a brunch of drunk college buddies.  Lesson learned: don't pass out when drinking lest you regret the aftermath.
    Options
    DMW said:
    Damn Millenials. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    DMW said:
    More likely Generation Zzzzzz.
    Options
    Just finished reading one of the funniest things I've read this week - https://www.statnews.com/2017/08/16/white-nationalists-genetic-ancestry-test/
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Just finished reading one of the funniest things I've read this week - https://www.statnews.com/2017/08/16/white-nationalists-genetic-ancestry-test/
    Time to throw the parents out of the house, and/or maybe a little self flagellation.  Wait - what about the kids?  Impure!!! Send 'em to the salt mines!

Options
    HeavyG said:
    DMW said:
    Yeah, dude served in the USAF, what a snowflake...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Did that on TV here in the UK with a group of people who thought they were 100% English. They were all mongrels of some sort, not surprisingly. Chances of these white boys being all white in the US must be super slim.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,752
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    so he is not an old white angry racist =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,356
    Options
    Waiting out my last week of work before I go onto the Police Academy next week. This has been one long, boring month since I got accepted. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Recovering from quite an audible start to the week.  Monday around 3PM get a call from and old shipmate (and wife) letting me know they would be arriving around 5 PM (of course all prior correspondence had them arriving on Tuesday at about that time.  (I'm doing volunteer work around 18 miles from home at the time).  Then SWMBO calls to let me know the garbage disposal is leaking under the sink.
    Audible executed-hit a few on the bourbon trail and enjoyed telling stories.  Replaced disposal early AM Weds (no leaks).  They departed this AM for FL.
    Great visit but what a start.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited August 2017
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Recovering from quite an audible start to the week.  Monday around 3PM get a call from and old shipmate (and wife) letting me know they would be arriving around 5 PM (of course all prior correspondence had them arriving on Tuesday at about that time.  (I'm doing volunteer work around 18 miles from home at the time).  Then SWMBO calls to let me know the garbage disposal is leaking under the sink.
    Audible executed-hit a few on the bourbon trail and enjoyed telling stories.  Replaced disposal early AM Weds (no leaks).  They departed this AM for FL.
    Great visit but what a start.  
    Ahhh Frank.....getting yourself out of a bad play is a critical skill of the egghead quarterback position.  Nice call.....I am sure it went for a touchdown. Always great to spend time with friends.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Trying to come up with a catchy new name for Atlanta's Confederate Avenue....thinking Jeremiah Wright Way.....not sure yet.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA