Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: 17 Day Vacation!!!!

191011121315»

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,669
    building in flood zones is pretty silly but hey, theres a political battle going on here
    That's the thing about sea-level rise, fish.  Things that didn't used to be flood zones become them at some point.  It doesn't take a whole lot, either, because another centimeter of water level distributed over hundreds of acres has a tendency to accumulate during a storm surge.  
    we are not talking new flood zones though the greed out there for flood zone money has recently changed all the flood zone maps. this is a sore spot for me, my work shop is in a flood zone and is insured, we get a flood and nothings covered. not only that theres a berm surrounding the building that protected it that the city/state removed to increase the flood plain putting my building at greater risk and the buildings behind me in further risk of flooding. then we get a flood, city rushes in and turns my building into a dam to protect everyone behind me causing me even more damage.  right now we are designing new columns and sub bases to support the part that rotted out, looking like maybe 250k for the work.  some of these rules need to disappear, i want the berm back, its only common sense.  friggin camp ,not in a  flood plain, was rezoned a couple years ago, never flooded, right now the flood ins is 3500 bucks going up 25 percent a year til it maxes out, which they wont say what the max is. beautiful. family beach house, paid for, no ins, dont want to know what the ins would cost there.  we moved the beach house back a hundred feet and let the front beach rise up, i dont find the front stairs behind the house anymore =) but really, places that are below sealevel near the sea, thats just crazy and costing me in the long run. if sebago rises, i get nothing from the insurance unless the house is knocked completely off the foundation which will never happen, theres no flow to move it.  they need to fix some of these laws so im actually covered by the ins i pay for, allow me to protect my building as the army engineers insisted when the building was put up way back when. not allow folks to build in dangerous flood zones etc
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    and the alt left =) media would go nuts if he fired those guys =)  theres another term the snowflakes are going to hate
    If hating fascist, white nationals nazis = "snowflake", guess I'm a snowflake.
    Had you answered immediately then I would have believed you but it took 12 minutes so you MUST be racist. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    GATraveller said:nu
    and the alt left =) media would go nuts if he fired those guys =)  theres another term the snowflakes are going to hate
    If hating fascist, white nationals nazis = "snowflake", guess I'm a snowflake.
    Had you answered immediately then I would have believed you but it took 12 minutes so you MUST be racist. 
    Your wife told me you are definitely not a racist (in bed) ;)
    building in flood zones is pretty silly but hey, theres a political battle going on here
    That's the thing about sea-level rise, fish.  Things that didn't used to be flood zones become them at some point.  It doesn't take a whole lot, either, because another centimeter of water level distributed over hundreds of acres has a tendency to accumulate during a storm surge.  
    we are not talking new flood zones though the greed out there for flood zone money has recently changed all the flood zone maps. this is a sore spot for me, my work shop is in a flood zone and is insured, we get a flood and nothings covered. not only that theres a berm surrounding the building that protected it that the city/state removed to increase the flood plain putting my building at greater risk and the buildings behind me in further risk of flooding. then we get a flood, city rushes in and turns my building into a dam to protect everyone behind me causing me even more damage.  right now we are designing new columns and sub bases to support the part that rotted out, looking like maybe 250k for the work.  some of these rules need to disappear, i want the berm back, its only common sense.  friggin camp ,not in a  flood plain, was rezoned a couple years ago, never flooded, right now the flood ins is 3500 bucks going up 25 percent a year til it maxes out, which they wont say what the max is. beautiful. family beach house, paid for, no ins, dont want to know what the ins would cost there.  we moved the beach house back a hundred feet and let the front beach rise up, i dont find the front stairs behind the house anymore =) but really, places that are below sealevel near the sea, thats just crazy and costing me in the long run. if sebago rises, i get nothing from the insurance unless the house is knocked completely off the foundation which will never happen, theres no flow to move it.  they need to fix some of these laws so im actually covered by the ins i pay for, allow me to protect my building as the army engineers insisted when the building was put up way back when. not allow folks to build in dangerous flood zones etc
    Did all of that seem coherent to you as you were typing it?  I'm just curious.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    Fish needed a cathartic release.
    Fish needed a cathartic release.
    see, you understand, whats wrong with that john guy =)  john, it was that or go to a campus protest rally with a club ;) just not sure what side i want to pretend to be =) who you going as
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Did all of that seem coherent to you as you were typing it?  I'm just curious.
    did you really want to read a coherent 200 page rant, i could start it 20 years back after eating a bowl of cheerios the day i bought my first house on a lake ;)
    fukahwee maine

• HeavyG
    we are not talking new flood zones though the greed out there for flood zone money has recently changed all the flood zone maps...
    Now that ranks right up there with the Pizzagate sort of looney conspiracies.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    hey its my conspiracy theory, get your own ;) all i know is im getting screwed =)
    fukahwee maine

• HeavyG

True dat. :)

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,868
    Quite the performance from Trump today at his press conference.  David Duke personally thanked him.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,868
  • nolaegghead
    Ho Lee Fook! 

Probably not a distinction that Trump would comprehend anyway...

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    JohnInCarolina said:
    ...another centimeter of water level distributed over hundreds of acres has a tendency to accumulate during a storm surge.  
    John, I normally like and respect your posts, but you're mixing metric and English units here.  I'm VERY offended!  :anguished:

:tongue:

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• nolaegghead

Image result for hot nazis women in lingerie
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    making room for trump statues =) making statues great again

Image result for taking down statue protest durham nc
    fukahwee maine

• HeavyG

That's funny. I wonder when/where the first Trump statue will actually appear.

• fishlessman
    HeavyG said:

That's funny. I wonder when/where the first Trump statue will actually appear.
    hoping it goes up in berkeley =)

fukahwee maine

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    They're already up!

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• HeavyG

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Who needs statues when you've got the real thing? 

• nolaegghead
    <!-- TAG START { player: "Embed Player", owner: "Embed Company", for: "Embed" } --><div class="vdb_player vdb_5688f66de4b040e17d9912265688f5c1e4b0f2c97f395156" vdb_params="m.refbcid=56000e19e4b0e4e194b84b31&m.refpid=58cff72fd85a100b9992c112"><script type="text/javascript" src="//delivery.vidible.tv/jsonp/pid=5688f66de4b040e17d991226/vid=5994ae2f8c08e022c0ba9cd5/5688f5c1e4b0f2c97f395156.js"></script></div><!-- TAG END { date: 08/17/17 } -->
    That didn't work.  But I like it.
    will it bump test...