Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Busy weekend Eggin (pic heavy)

Options
Once I left work Friday I was feeling the excitement and wanted to prepare myself for the NiaEggara Eggfest, which was today in St. Catherines, Ontario.  It was our third trip to this Eggfest as tasters and the 9'th annual for event.  Beautiful spot at an excellent winery with lots of talented chefs on site.  

So I started out our Friday night with a batch of Wings and Buffalo Chicken Nachos.  Wings were dusted with swamp venom and crossroads from DP and cooked indirect for about an hour at 400*.  Chicken breasts were done at the same time and removed, rested, diced and soaked in buffalo butter sauce.  Tiny bit of pecan and hickory for smoke.  Buffalo chicken was added to multiple layers of chips, cheeses, peppers and onion and placed in the XL at 400* for about 20 minutes.  

Saturday lunch was cilantro and lime spiced chicken soft tacos with hot pico de gallo and fresh guacamole!  The large was busy with this meal while I prepared the XL for 5 hour rib duties.  Chicken was grilled at 375* with maple smoke till IT 165*, rested and sliced.  

Got a little snacky while we waited for the ribs so I did some apps on the large!  Mozzarella sticks and a pound of lemon pepper wings.  Marinara and blue cheese on the side with some veggies

The Baby Backs smoked away all afternoon at 250* with hickory and cherry for smoke for 3 hours.  Steamed with apple juice, brown sugar and melted butter for 1.5 hours, and finished off with a 30-40 minute session back on the grill with two bastings of apple butter BBQ sauce.  Took em off when they probed like butter.  Rested for 30 minutes in foil and served.

Took advantage of the remaining heat in the large to make a batch of chocolate chip cookies for dessert

Arrived at Niagara Eggfest this am for start up and sampled some wonderful food throughout the day.  Enjoyed the entire event despite some hot sun, luckily the wine samples and cold beers helped cool us down. Here are a few shots of the event.  

Final pic was ribeye steak, mild sausage, and a first for me, bacon wrapped Oh Henry bar?  It was odd but worked for me as I enjoyed it.  

A perfect weekend cooking on and enjoying everything BGE with friends and fellow Eggheads
Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

https://www.flickr.com/photos/monty77/

Comments