Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: 17 Day Vacation!!!!

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    edited August 2017
    Options
    victor1 said:
    We all have our opinions, I sure do.  Don't think this is the place for politics.
    Every time one of these threads pop up, the usual suspects flock to it like a bug light.  At least it consolidates the politics into a single thread. 
    Lol Michael you're always in these threads saying this same thing.  Then whenever the boobs appear you open up your spank bank to share.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    victor1 said:
    We all have our opinions, I sure do.  Don't think this is the place for politics.
    It's a free country brother.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    edited August 2017
    Options
    victor1 said:
    Every time one of these threads pop up, the usual suspects flock to it like a bug light.  At least it consolidates the politics into a single thread. 
    Lol Michael you're always in these threads saying this same thing.  Then whenever the boobs appear you open up your spank bank to share.
    I never said I wasn't a usual suspect home slice 

Here you go spanky 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    He seems to have become extremely resourceful as of late, due the frequency of the threads of this type, which continue to evolve. He is correct though, we are all on these thread, we being the usual suspects, like the common house fly is on sugar.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    victor1 said:
    OH Maaaannnn!!!  So sorry!  I should have put this on in the egghead forum.
    Options
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,843
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    I finally learned to wake surf today!
    That's very cool @bgebrent.  Did you learn from scratch or are you a veteran of some other form of skiing and just converting to the wake surfing?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    bgebrent said:
    I finally learned to wake surf today!
    That's very cool @bgebrent.  Did you learn from scratch or are you a veteran of some other form of skiing and just converting to the wake surfing?
    I've skied a good bit but this was new.  It's really not too hard.  Just fun for an old dog to learn something new.  Thanks.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,765
    Options
    kju backs down, trump winning......and you're all a bunch of yankees (my favorite part of trumps vaca so far)  =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    Options
    why no black trash trucks, maybe the left is on to something
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    kju backs down, trump winning......and you're all a bunch of yankees (my favorite part of trumps vaca so far)  =)
    So much winning!

http://theweek.com/speedreads/718285/trumps-approval-rating-just-hit-new-low--again

• fishlessman
    Options
    So much winning!

http://theweek.com/speedreads/718285/trumps-approval-rating-just-hit-new-low--again

the polls have been very accurate LOL =)
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    So much winning!

I'm sure you're right, and that Trump is in reality the most popular President ever who is doing a bang-up job despite not being able to get any major pieces of legislation passed.  
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Finally sunk.  The Buffalo moves in mysterious ways.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • fishlessman
    Options
    So much winning!

I'm sure you're right, and that Trump is in reality the most popular President ever who is doing a bang-up job despite not being able to get any major pieces of legislation passed.  
    not sure how being popular fits in with the description of being president =) as for things not passing look at congress and their popularity. maybe you're you mean media popularity,  whatever trump says tomorrow is already wrong and the left agrees ;)  what just happened, china stepped in line, noko backed down, trump is against white supremacists and neo nazis..... that bastard =)
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    edited August 2017
    Options
    So much winning!

not sure how being popular fits in with the description of being president =) as for things not passing look at congress and their popularity. maybe you're you mean media popularity,  whatever trump says tomorrow is already wrong and the left agrees ;)  what just happened, china stepped in line, noko backed down, trump is against white supremacists and neo nazis..... that bastard =)
    I think that Presidents who get things done and actually deliver on campaign promises tend to be more popular than those who don't.  Although I'm actually quite happy Trump hasn't found a way to get much of anything done, so don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining!  =)

Yeah Trump is totally against the alt-right and neo-Nazis, which is why he's fired Bannon, Gorka, and Miller from the White House.  Oh wait... 
  • fishlessman
    Options
    So much winning!

I think that Presidents who get things done and actually deliver on campaign promises tend to be more popular than those who don't.  Although I'm actually quite happy Trump hasn't found a way to get much of anything done, so don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining!  =)

Yeah Trump is totally against the alt-right and neo-Nazis, which is why he's fired Bannon, Gorka, and Miller from the White House.  Oh wait... 
    and the alt left =) media would go nuts if he fired those guys =)  theres another term the snowflakes are going to hate
    fukahwee maine

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Finally sunk.  The Buffalo moves in mysterious ways.
    Yeah my Ric Flair get well soon post was immediately buffaloed while this remained active. 

I guess the Buffalo likes Dwusty Rwoades
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    So much winning!

and the alt left =) media would go nuts if he fired those guys =)  theres another term the snowflakes are going to hate
    If hating fascist, white nationals nazis = "snowflake", guess I'm a snowflake.
    Options
    So much winning!

hating fascist, white nationals, nazis does not make me an alt left evil doer =) nor would it make me a widdle snowflake =)
    fukahwee maine

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,766
    edited August 2017
    Options
    So much winning!

hating fascist, white nationals, nazis does not make me an alt left evil doer =) nor would it make me a widdle snowflake =)
    I think this is the coolest " Point perspective" image
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    So much winning!

You really do have a talent for constructing replies that make close to zero sense in context or just on their own, period.  Bravo!
  • fishlessman
    Options
    So much winning!

You really do have a talent for constructing replies that make close to zero sense in context or just on their own, period.  Bravo!
    trump is doomed if he fires them, doomed if he doesnt, doomed if he does it today, doomed if he does it later. he just cant do anything right...can he =)
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

Great move, obviously.  The thing is -  ignoring empirical changes does not stop them.  So this kind of policy will end up costing dearly in things that have to be rebuilt.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Well, we had a good run.  This thread, this country.
    Options

Great move, obviously.  The thing is -  ignoring empirical changes does not stop them.  So this kind of policy will end up costing dearly in things that have to be rebuilt.
    In an administration where idiocy seems to be the daily norm that has to rank among one of the more idiotic decisions. However, since Trumpy's whole raison d'être seems to be to remove anything Obama created it's not too surprising.

My guess is tho that most of the states that will be building such projects will still adhere to the logical thinking behind the Obama era rules.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    Options
    building in flood zones is pretty silly but hey, theres a political battle going on here
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    building in flood zones is pretty silly but hey, theres a political battle going on here
    That's the thing about sea-level rise, fish.  Things that didn't used to be flood zones become them at some point.  It doesn't take a whole lot, either, because another centimeter of water level distributed over hundreds of acres has a tendency to accumulate during a storm surge.  
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    They re-evaluated the flood zone rating all around New Orleans.  Our rates went up as risk increased.  I foresee this being done all around the country more often to keep the federal flood insurance program solvent with changing global conditions.  Some areas will become drier, and fire may become more of a risk than flood. 

You have to adapt.