Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Camp IV (4, four, IIII) is October 21st, 2017 at Warren's Corner (full circle)

Options

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    bgebrent said:
    Foghorn said:
    CTMike said:
    CTMike said:
    You haven't lived until you've eaten Scotty's anus, just ask @nolaegghead. He ate Scotty's anus last year until he puked. 

No, that was nuts.
     Nuts, anus, there's no real difference when they are in your mouth. 
    I'm going to have to take your word on that. 
    You aren't coming to camp are you?
     No. I can't. I have to be in San Diego that day for work. My son will be there however as he's goes to Tulane. I mentioned to @20stone and @caliking that I expect them to keep an eye on him.   They replied that they're glad he's coming so he can bail them out of jail....

I somehow missed this the first time.  I look forward to meeting Foghorn jr!
    Fog Jr is a good kid. Nothing like his pops. Can't believe they share DNA. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Almost forgot... Air tix and lodging booked. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    caliking said:
    Foghorn said:
    bgebrent said:
    Foghorn said:
    CTMike said:
    CTMike said:
    You haven't lived until you've eaten Scotty's anus, just ask @nolaegghead. He ate Scotty's anus last year until he puked. 

No, that was nuts.
     No. I can't. I have to be in San Diego that day for work. My son will be there however as he's goes to Tulane. I mentioned to @20stone and @caliking that I expect them to keep an eye on him.   They replied that they're glad he's coming so he can bail them out of jail....

Fog Daddy probably fought well above his weight class in the marriage ring. As all of us did.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    caliking said:
    Foghorn said:
    bgebrent said:
    Foghorn said:
    CTMike said:
    CTMike said:

No, that was nuts.

If you continue down the path of good parenting, in a few years you, too, may get to experience the feeling of extreme pride after reading what was intended as an insult.

It also makes me think that I need to track down the guy that delivered our mail 20 years ago...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Bump.  Fifty days mofos!  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Buuuuuurrrrrp
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Drinking in advance training

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    BC is around the corner, and I, for one, am stoked.

@nolaegghead, can you remind me what the outside space is like, and what limitations (if any) there are re: open fires.

IIRC, the venue is a bit of a tinderbox, and I don't necessarily want to burn it to the ground.

Last, can you update the schedule?  @20stonespice and I plan on rolling in around midday Friday, and will be ready to jump in.

(now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Bump.  Fifty days mofos!  
    This will be my first one, can't wait. I didn't know you were going John.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    I"m still planning on coming. Should I plan on bringing RV and Grocery Cart? Or just coolers full of beer and my hotel address pinned to my shirt?

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    20stone said:
    BC is around the corner, and I, for one, am stoked.

@nolaegghead, can you remind me what the outside space is like, and what limitations (if any) there are re: open fires.

IIRC, the venue is a bit of a tinderbox, and I don't necessarily want to burn it to the ground.

Last, can you update the schedule?  @20stonespice and I plan on rolling in around midday Friday, and will be ready to jump in.

@20stone - it is at the original location - Warren's Corner.  We have a covered cooking area.  Roof is about 18' tall, no worries on fire hazards.  There is some uncovered space too.

We'll be buying food, prepping, setting up Friday afternoon.   Then go all day Sat.
    Options
    I"m still planning on coming. Should I plan on bringing RV and Grocery Cart? Or just coolers full of beer and my hotel address pinned to my shirt?

@Thatgrimguy  It would be nice if you brought the cart and RV, that would mean I don't need as many smokers, but it's up to you.  Let me know one way or another.

@Thatgrimguy  It would be nice if you brought the cart and RV, that would mean I don't need as many smokers, but it's up to you.  Let me know one way or another.
    Plan on them being there.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I'll go down on Wednesday and @nolaegghead will pimp slap me around.... Lugging and setting up. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Bump.  Fifty days mofos!  
    This will be my first one, can't wait. I didn't know you were going John.
    Wouldn't miss it!  Glad you'll make it.  Nola puts on a world class party.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options

Plan on them being there.
    Awesome Scott!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    FYI - I saw my buddy Hudson at the pub last night and he's a go on the "booze cruise" leaving from New Orleans Yacht Club Thrusday night - probably around 5-530PM.  We will sail to the bar, eat, drink and watch the game.  All are welcome.  I think we can take maybe 20 people.

We're either taking the 37' Trawler we took the last couple years or a 44' sail boat he got this year.
    Options
    Had to cancel unfortunately.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    FYI - I saw my buddy Hudson at the pub last night and he's a go on the "booze cruise" leaving from New Orleans Yacht Club Thrusday night - probably around 5-530PM.  We will sail to the bar, eat, drink and watch the game.  All are welcome.  I think we can take maybe 20 people.

We're either taking the 37' Trawler we took the last couple years or a 44' sail boat he got this year.
    Oh man. Gotta be the sailboat this year.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    thetrim said:
    BOOOOO!!!
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options

If I had to venture a guess. . . 

Sailboats get boarded by the coast guard/police, etc. than power boats.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    kl8ton said:

We are well-versed with coasties and pirates.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Just make sure the boat has its numbers displayed #BGEBRENT

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options

Same bar? At the RV Park?
  • nolaegghead
    Options

Same bar? At the RV Park?
    @Thatgrimguy Yep.  Love that bar.
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Bummer, man!
    Options
    Image result for nola egghead brisket camp coast guard boarding
    Image result for nola egghead brisket camp coast guard boarding
    "This looks tighter than I remember..."
  • DoubleEgger