Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    Currently arguing with my dog. Yes, whiskey has been consumed by one participant. 
    Which one? Inquiring minds want to know  =)
    The one that lost in beer pong.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    bucky925 said:
    Currently arguing with my dog. Yes, whiskey has been consumed by one participant. 
    YukonRon said:
    bucky925 said:
    AHHH, more info.  After several my dog beats me in beer pong, but he cheats

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Moved the youngest into the apt @ ISU. Now for the arranging of the stuff followed by the airing of grievances and feats of strength!! Oh wait, I got carried away there. My bad!
    Now that is funny.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    The one with two legs...
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    Enjoying the local golfer who just won the PGA- Justin Thomas.  SWMBO helped him get thru local middle school.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    The one with two legs...
    Thinking beer pong is not your game?

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    blasting said:

Lot's of talk of smashburgers recently.  This was my early dinner.

#drooling.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Shrimp tacos. 

Liar, that's just shrimp.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Looks delicious Craig!  Agree with the tortilla assessment. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Breakfast at Mr Pancake before tear down in the Dells, a classic.
    Iowa Corn Pancakes, $7.75
    Buttermilk cakes filled with corn and corn meal, the house honey syrup with cinnamon, was awesome.

The lunch of Belgian Red, Scream, Cherry Stout, and Berliner Weisse while listening to horns, loved Amazing Grace.

Belgian Red was my favorite, Berliner Weisse was a crisp, tart, second.  Didn't get a chance to try Uffda Beaten Path.
    Sunday was super busy, but having these specialty wine meets beer offerings, was awesome.  A nice toast with my brother on the perfect end to our epic annual trip.  Hoping someday, the boys bring it up when I'm long gone from this Earth.

They loved their Sprecher's too, brewery is kid friendly, absolutely beautiful place.  Well worth a second, longer, look.

Was 3 cases of Staghorn(released this week), and three 4 packs of Raspberry Tart heavier, 200 mile ride home was beautiful, peaceful, all hwy until the last hr or so, minimal traffic.  The Ol' Chev was a rock with a gross over 9000lbs.
    I heart Wisconsin.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Focker said:
    Buttermilk cakes filled with corn and corn meal, the house honey syrup with cinnamon, was awesome.

The lunch of Belgian Red, Scream, Cherry Stout, and Berliner Weisse while listening to horns, loved Amazing Grace.

Belgian Red was my favorite, Berliner Weisse was a crisp, tart, second.  Didn't get a chance to try Uffda Beaten Path.
    Sunday was super busy, but having these specialty wine meets beer offerings, was awesome.  A nice toast with my brother on the perfect end to our epic annual trip.  Hoping someday, the boys bring it up when I'm long gone from this Earth.

They loved their Sprecher's too, brewery is kid friendly, absolutely beautiful place.  Well worth a second, longer, look.

Was 3 cases of Staghorn(released this week), and three 4 packs of Raspberry Tart heavier, 200 mile ride home was beautiful, peaceful, all hwy until the last hr or so, minimal traffic.  The Ol' Chev was a rock with a gross over 9000lbs.
    I heart Wisconsin.

I'm gonna get your kid a nice shirt like his cousins have! JKOC. Looks like another memorable trip. Cheers buddy!
  • Focker
    Options
    Focker said:

I heart Wisconsin.

I'm gonna get your kid a nice shirt like his cousins have! JKOC. Looks like another memorable trip. Cheers buddy!
    He was dropped on his head shortly after birth, and has a few already.  God is punishing me for being a Cards fan. Lol
    Thanks my friend, so much fun, for all of us boys.  :)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    Options
    blasting said:

Lot's of talk of smashburgers recently.  This was my early dinner.

Oh my.....I would crush that.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Studying for a Chemistry final.
  • Focker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Picked up a couple of sweet hacks by chef Curtis Stone today on Today.

Index finger got stung by the Dexter serrated this week, paper towel roll is perfect.

My warped 18x24 bamboo that has been to wars, sitting outside, cleaver and pizza wheel scars gallore, doesn't move with a damp paper towel underneath....brilliant.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• YukonRon
    Options
    Trying to determine whether crampons or micro spikes will be needed above 12,500 ft. leaning towards micro spikes.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Trying to determine whether crampons or micro spikes will be needed above 12,500 ft. leaning towards micro spikes.
    I'd recommend the oxygen bottles ;)
  • YukonRon
    edited August 2017
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    I'd recommend the oxygen bottles ;)
    @bgebrent
     No kidding! I will be taking about 5 liters of water on each climb, for My Beautiful Wife and I. We used them the last time for oxygen relish mentioned, worked ok......
    Pain meds are key for us as well, after getting back to the trail head.
    Wine will be had upon return to base camp. 
    :dizzy:

Edit: Just read the peaks we want to attempt has had 300% more snow, since  June, this year relative to last year. 300% of nothing is still nothing, but at elevations, for me anyway, it is worth considering.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    Shrimp tacos. 

Liar, that's just shrimp.
    You stole my line...lol.
     Hey, I'd be fine with "just shrimp" that looks that delicious. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @YukonRon I admire your enthusiasm. Please post a few pics from the climb. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Losing my f'n mind!

Came home from vacation to an 80 degree house. Call the company that installed both units this past December and get a tech scheduled to come out.  He evaluates the unit, finds the issue, orders the part and will come out tomorrow to replace.
    Move on to tonight. Daughter is in the back yard and comes gets me.  A piece of siding, again something we just had done in January, came off the back of the house!  WTF is going on here. 
    About to lose my sh!t and get lit for two weeks straight. F me.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    @YEMTrey ouch Steve. The joys of homeownership. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Focker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Losing my f'n mind!

Came home from vacation to an 80 degree house. Call the company that installed both units this past December and get a tech scheduled to come out.  He evaluates the unit, finds the issue, orders the part and will come out tomorrow to replace.
    Move on to tonight. Daughter is in the back yard and comes gets me.  A piece of siding, again something we just had done in January, came off the back of the house!  WTF is going on here. 
    About to lose my sh!t and get lit for two weeks straight. F me.
    Hoping everything gets worked out bud.
    My 3K DIY kitchen led to an 8K roof and gutters.  I know how you feel right now.  Ride it out my friend.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Changing my eclipse plans.  Idaho is looking at making both sides of I-15 northbound before, and southbound after, the event!  
    I gave up on a "Motel 6" room when they hit $800 two weeks ago, but planned on driving up early Monday.  No more.  
    There is a section of marsh west of Brigham City (heading towards Thiokol, where I used to work) that always looked like Mordor to me.  It's in the "90% eclipse" band, so I think I'll just shoot landscapes with an overhead dusk lighting, see what I get.  Everyone and their brother will be shooting the sun/moon interface itself, I'll just look at those pics on the 'net and concentrate on weird landscape light.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month