Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Orleans Restaurant Recommendations

Options
2»

Comments

• SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Thank you all for the awesome suggestions...I'll pass em along and post feedback when he returns.  I'm hoping I can swing Brisket Camp this year and maybe I'll get to hit a few of these as well.
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I enjoyed redfish grill I think it's called. Also enjoyed bourbon house. I was seriously underwhelmed by Dragos. They run a pretty darn slick operation, but the food was not on par imo. Enjoy. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    bgebrent said:
    Court of Two Sisters for Sunday brunch.
    @bgebrent, please enlighten me.  I've been.  It's good.  Compared to the rest of the food options in New Orleans I didn't find it worthy of a repeat visit.  It's more of a "glad I went once, but don't need to go back" place.  However, my wife sees it as a "must do" and wants to go there every time we visit.  I don't have the courage to question her so instead I'm questioning a guy on the internet who I haven't met yet - but I hope we can remedy that soon.  What am I missing?
    +1. We liked the courtyard seating, which made for a pleasant venue. The food was ok. Would much rather go to a number of other places in NOLA, but it was there when we needed to get a bite. 

The BBQ shrimp at Mr. B's Bistro was pretty damn good. 

Dined at R'Evolution 4 years ago. We didn't care for a couple of things on their tasting menu, so they let us pick alternatives. Still one of the best meals and overall restaurant experiences I can remember. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.