Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Hotch said:
    Planning a road trip to Atlanta Ga to pickup my Shirley 24x42 offset w/ warming cabinet!
    Congratulations! @Hotch How cool
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    Livin large for sure @Hotch.  Congrats on the addition to the stable.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Kid thinks he's a pro with his own putter and Titleist. Lol

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Chicken for the boys, tandoori style marinade inluding some Jamaican scotch bonnet hot sauce. Did 2 dozen sausages first to make sure they don't scoff all of the chicken.

First arm hair removal with the Egg as well.

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Picked this off of another forum post.
    You just gotta love the marketing guys at Walmart!!

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    Options
    @WeberWho and @lousubcap Thanks, It will be getting some new shoes.
    As I'm having it converted from a patio model to a modified trailer.
    @WeberWho Your purchased pushed me over the edge!!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Hotch said:
    Picked this off of another forum post.
    You just gotta love the marketing guys at Walmart!!

Apparently bear attacks on schools happen so it's good that students can get a rifle along with their pencils and glue sticks.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• WeberWho
    Options
    Hotch said:
    Keep us posted on the conversion. @Hotch That would be cool to see happen. You're going to have a ton of fun with that smoker!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Hotch
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Hotch said:
    Keep us posted on the conversion. @Hotch That would be cool to see happen. You're going to have a ton of fun with that smoker!
    I will take some before and after pics to post.
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Got to the boat early this week. Up on the. bridge with a 5kt breeze off the ocean.  Getting ready to eat my  pastrami and Swiss on rye 
    life is not bad. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Sea2Ski
    Options
    Wishing they put Swiss on my pastrami and Swiss!
    Large and MiniMax

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Cruised the Dells Ave, stopped in at The Pepper Palace, guy was cool, gave me a toothpick with the tip dipped in "The End" as he was ringin' me up for some ground Bird's Eye.  Apologized to the guy for not being able to talk.  He said the guy before puked outside. Lol
    Good thing pops were a deal at the supermarket on our way back to base camp.

Found me a sweet Christmas tree ornament for 7 bucks on the left.

Vienna Wisconsin cheddar dogs with pecan on the Jumbo Joe, nothin' fancy...pie irons in the campfire later.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    @Sea2Ski very very jealous...any chance of you piloting that thing down the intracoastal to God's country? 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    @Sea2Ski very very jealous...any chance of you piloting that thing down the intracoastal to God's country? 
    I bet he'd consider it if you foot the bill for fuel....  ;)
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Boats run on thank yous, everybody knows that! 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,187
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Jeremiah said:

• Sea2Ski
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Tossing the idea of driving it to FL. Should take 5 days if the weather widow is correct. Cape May to northern North Carolina, to GA to FL.
    It is not an economically sound decision.
    At all.
    About 20-23k fuel (round trip) if we do it a little below cruise speed, 6k in oil changes (one there, one before we leave, one when we get back), replace hoses, belts, impellers, filters etc...  and let's not forget the ~1k/month for docking if we can find somewhere that reasonable.
    That is 40K'ish for a winter.
    And if nothing breaks.
    Which something will. 
    Then add in all the air fare.... 

Stupid.

We are tossing around the idea of doing it the winter of '19-'20. Not sure if it will really happen, but we are seriously considering doing it once. 
    Hell, You only live once, and we think that would be a really really cool trip and experience. 

We have two dock neighbors that do it every year. They like the trips "to and from" more than being at the two destinations. The one guy is taking his to the Bahamas next week - he leaves Monday.
    Large and MiniMax

• Sea2Ski
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Jeremiah said:

This is fantastic.  I am stealing it. 
    Large and MiniMax

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Tossing the idea of driving it to FL. Should take 5 days if the weather widow is correct. Cape May to northern North Carolina, to GA to FL.
    At all.
    About 20-23k fuel (round trip) if we do it a little below cruise speed, 6k in oil changes (one there, one before we leave, one when we get back), replace hoses, belts, impellers, filters etc...  and let's not forget the ~1k/month for docking if we can find somewhere that reasonable.
    And if nothing breaks.
    Which something will. 

Stupid.

We are tossing around the idea of doing it the winter of '19-'20. Not sure if it will really happen, but we are seriously considering doing it once. 
    Hell, You only live once, and we think that would be a really really cool trip and experience. 

We have two dock neighbors that do it every year. They like the trips "to and from" more than being at the two destinations. The one guy is taking his to the Bahamas next week - he leaves Monday.
    I see absolutely no reason this is a bad idea.  None. 
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    I double dog dare you. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Jeremiah said:
    At all.
    And if nothing breaks.
    Which something will. 

Stupid.

You do know, when you die, you do take your earthly earned USD with you and can spend accordingly, right?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,187
    Options
    DMW said:
    Sea2Ski said:
    Jeremiah said:
    At all.
    And if nothing breaks.
    Which something will. 

Stupid.

You do know, when you die, you do take your earthly earned USD with you and can spend accordingly, right?

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Jeremiah said:
    At all.
    And if nothing breaks.
    Which something will. 

Stupid.

I had a patient who did this for 6 months a year. Puttering up and down the ICW or the coast line down to the Keys or out to the Bahamas. I need to dig up the magazine she was featured in.
  • Sea2Ski
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    I double dog dare you. 
    Thank you for not going directly to the grand daddy of all the dares....

(Wonder if @Jeremiah knows the reference.....)

@DMW maybe you can put me in touch with that buddy of yours that is the pilot that flew you to some bars a year or two ago.  Maybe it was longer than that... not sure. Some bartering might work for us both. 
    Large and MiniMax

• Sea2Ski
    Options
    @Eggcelsior several people do it - especially those with the LRC (long range cruisers) that as you say putt along at 6-12 knots.  Envious of their 6-8 gallon per hour burn rate, and I also want to do the great loop.  When we retire, that is our goal. By that time I will be too old and frail to be doing these 80-110 mile one way trips to fight tuna etc for a day trip, but I know I will still love being on the water!
    Large and MiniMax

• WeberWho
    Options
    DMW said:
    Sea2Ski said:
    Jeremiah said:
    At all.
    And if nothing breaks.
    Which something will. 

Stupid.

George Strait says it best, "I ain't never seen a hearse, with a luggage rack"

Minnesota
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    @Eggcelsior several people do it - especially those with the LRC (long range cruisers) that as you say putt along at 6-12 knots.  Envious of their 6-8 gallon per hour burn rate, and I also want to do the great loop.  When we retire, that is our goal. By that time I will be too old and frail to be doing these 80-110 mile one way trips to fight tuna etc for a day trip, but I know I will still love being on the water!
    Get a trawler or sailboat!
    Options
    I presume your boat is not diesel?  How many feet?